Community post

Discussion

Want cycle buddies who have been TTC #1 for a few months now

Hello!

I am looking to buddy up with a few ladies who have been TTC #1 for a few months now.

I am on cycle 5 of trying. I really expected to get pregnant in the first couple months of trying, but it hasn't happened yet. I am a worry wart, so I often worry that something is maybe wrong, but I am working on trying to stay positive!

I am a bit of a control freak, so I chart religiously. I monitor BBT, CM, cervix position and I use OPKs. This month I am supplementing with soy isoflavones and evening primrose oil. It is my first time trying these things and I am a little nervous, but I am hopeful that it might get me that .

I would love to hear your story!

User Image TTC since June 2012. DH: 32 Me: 29 October 2012: DH diagnosed with varicocele and low morphology 1-2% to all!

80 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 80 Replies | Last Page

Hello, Im audrey and I have been trying for about 3-4 months now with my husband. I dont have any children yet but I am always online looking for ways to help get pregnant. There are a few good apps out there that track your period and show you what days are best for baby love making. All I do is track everything I can but i try to not do it alot because I get to doing it alot and I start to worry (which in one blog I read said if you do this to much it can slow the things down that you have to think and do other things.)

Audrey

User Image

11 years ago

Hi audrey

You are probably right that too much obsessing slows things down. Unfortunately, I think I do obsess. I don't really know how to stop if I am being honest. I am trying to keep busy and stay positive though.

Recently, DH had a small lump in his testicle looked at. Our doctor thinks it is a varicocele. Varicoceles are varicose veins and 15% of men have them. They usually don't pose fertility problems, but they can. 40% of infertile men have a varicocele. So we have booked an ultrasound to confirm whether or not he has one, as well as a semen analysis to see if his sperm is healthy. Those tests will happen mid-October. that if he has a varicocele, his sperm count is normal so we can conceive soon. Either way, I am hopeful because varicocele is treatable.

My cycles seem to be normal and our timing has been good. Hoping for that soon!

How are your cycles?

User Image TTC since June 2012. DH: 32 Me: 29 October 2012: DH diagnosed with varicocele and low morphology 1-2% to all!

11 years ago • Post starter

Hello there!! I am 3dpo and am excited for this month!! Dj and I have been trying since may. I (like you) thought it would not take e this long. My really problem is that I am a planner and a control freak and the fact that I have no control and I cannot do anything about it drives me crazy!

This month we used preseed with the applicators and this is the first month that I have used opk tests. So I am looking forward to when I can begin speculating that I could be prego!

Since yesterday I gave been having slight pain in my abdomin, when I ran today I notice my breasts were sore. I think it is too early for any signs so I think this is coinsenidence.

We are not on the sane cycle but who knows we could have tips to share...

11 years ago

hello everyone, I'm also TTC #1 for 10 months now, it's been a long hard road, but we're still trusting God to come through for us. DH and I had all the tests done including HSG for me and docs say everything is fine so we should keep trying. She gave me up the end of this cycle to put me on Clomid if I get a BFN again, I'm hoping I don't have to get it. I'm 13 DPO today with nothing except slight to moderate cramping and feeling sleepy over the past couple of hours but I'm wide awake now. Wishing you all the best...

User Image

11 years ago

Arherring,
We don't have to be at the same place in our cycles!
Your "control freak" talk reminded me of me. Lol. I am the very same. I have been a crazy wreck for the last 5 months!
So you are in the dreaded 2WW? I will hope for that for you!

Efuaberimah,
Can I call you Efua? 13 dpo? Are you going to test soon? I will hope for a for you!
I am sorry to hear it is taking so long, but it is positive that the tests have come back good. If they can't find something wrong, then maybe it is just a matter of trying a little longer.

I just inished AF and am waiting to O. We are trying to BD every other day, then every day when I get a positive OPK. We already tried every day, as well as holding out until O. Neither worked for us. What BD strategy are you gals using?

everyone!

yeh I know the feeling im on this site everyday and looking at new info about baby making. wow Ive never hurd about that. you should message me on here and we can excang info if you like. My cycles are normal since i got off bc. but the past month ive been sick and thought i was pregnant but i keep that in the back of my mind because i know you can bleed being pregnant but its not onthly bleeding could be diff things. But message me Im a nursing assistant and know general info about health not as much as a nurse but enough and i love to research things and learn new things. Im a stay at home wife so I have the time lol.

User Image

11 years ago

Thanks Jazzy! I am hoping for the best for you also!!

I am only 3 dpo but we have bd everyday since Sunday. My previous doc recommends I do not test till I turn 29 and I turn 28 in Nov. I am a little frustrated that she is going to make me wait that long.

I get told all the time to stop trying and I will get bfp but that is easier said then done... Md I am tired of hearing that!! Lol.

My tww feels like it is dragging on,, but at least I get to go to the state fair of Texas on Saturday and eat a TON of fried food!! (Normally a health nut, and should disclose that I will be running 14 miles before going so that I can eat guilt free!)

Any of you other lady's doing anything special/different in October?

11 years ago

Im doing prenatal vit. this month to helps to concieve fast so Ive been told.

Good luck ladies

User Image

11 years ago

Thanks Jazzy and yes you can call me Efua. I'm 14 DPO today and getting AFlike cramps on and off; honestly, I haven't been taking HPTs for the past 3 cycles or so. I also stopped all the charting and stuff, they just make me lose my mind and I guess you tend to be more resigned to the situation after almost a year of trying without success. The last day I'm expecting AF is Sunday so I'll wait till then.
We've been BDing every other day from CD 9 and 18 cos the doc said the sperm count will delcine if we do it daily and it takes a couple of days for the man to get the sperm back to optimum level again. Anyway, we've done that since July...Will keep you all posted on the outcome of this cycle. Praying that those veins won't be anything serious after DH gets the ultrasound. to you all and s.

User Image

11 years ago

Audrey,

I saw that you had some good BD tips on your countdown page! There are ome good ideas there! Where are you in your cycle now?

Arherring,

It's great to hear from a fellow runner! I run too, but not as great a distance! I do about 6 km on the treadmill 3 days a week. I also strength train! I sometimes worry that running affects TTC. Do you have any thoughts on this?

You should be assertive with your doctor if you want testing earlier! If they won't test now, they should test if you reach the one year mark! My doc said she will test DH now, since the tests for men are easy and non-invasive. She doesn't want to test me until at least 9 months of TTC because some of the tests carry risks (more invasive than the male tests). So I wait...

I also get tired of hearing people say "stop trying and it will happen." There is probably some truth to it, but it is impossible for me! I have always been very "type A." I like to have control over things. TTC has been hard on me for that reason. But now that I have been TTC a few months, I think my expectations have shifted a little and I am starting to accept that I won't get that BFP right away.

You will have o let us know if you get any symptoms in the coming days!
for a !

Efua,

When are you expecting the ? It is good that you aren't testing early. I tried that last month and it really helped. Testing early just messes with your head and gives you multiple disappointments. At least if you wait, you only get one day of disapointment when AF shows!

So ladies, I bought a book yesterday. It is called "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" by Toni Weschler. It is really good! I thought I knew a lot about TTC, but I am learning a lot of new things from this book! It is very thorough. It even has pictures of the different kinds of cm.

Good luck ladies

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo