Community post

Discussion

Getting discouraged...

Although I know it's too early to test at 8 dpo, I'm starting to get discouraged. This cycle I used clearblue advance digital ovulation tests and it predicted my two high fertile days and my two peak days. The hubby and I bd on the two high fertile days and the two peak fertile days and the day after. I'm having some symptoms but then again it could just be wishful thinking. I just feel like there's no way we missed ovulation. For some reason, I don't feel like I'm pregnant. Our first pregnancy happened unexpectedly and I didn't take a pregnancy test until 6-7 weeks pregnant so I can't even compare to my first because I don't remember. I know I shouldn't add to my feeling down by taking a pregnancy test everyday but if you are pregnant you want to find out as soon as possible! Anyone else feel like they did everything right and feeling like they aren't pregnant?

Doing everything backwards since 2011... Me (25) & DH (40) DD (18 months) TTC #2 since December 2013 User Image" rel="nofollow">User Image User Image" rel="nofollow">User Image

8 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 8 of 8 Replies

I totally understand how u feel! The hubby and I BDed atleast every other day. I am currently 7 dpo with no symptoms at all. I am basing this off of checking my cervix. I used the app on my phone but I didn't have very fertile mucus until 2 days after the day they predicted. My cervix also did not become soft and open until then as well. I know we couldn't have missed the window but I had a lot of symptoms last month which ended in AF showing up. I had symptoms from 2 dpo up until AF. I just hope this time is different. Gud luck!!!

10 years ago

Even if you time things utterly perfectly there is only a ~20% chance of getting pregnant each cycle. We have been trying for 25 months now and only one cycle did I not hit the perfect days. Yet no baby yet :(

To make you feel better about the lack of symptoms, when I did get pregnant (miscarried at 10 weeks) symptoms didn't start until 5 weeks pregnant. Lots of women on here have mentioned not getting anything until 6 or 7 weeks.

mlturner183 don't trust apps!!! They harm lots of people's chances of conception because they are rarely correct. Unless you already know exactly when you ovulate in your cycle, and do so on the same day each cycle) then they are worse than useless. Good thing you were watching your own body's signs :) The one time I did get pregnant I ovulated on CD9 and I had never ovulated that early, but fortunately I noticed my cervical mucus and we timed things perfectly (as usual) and ended up pregnant! I kept thinking "surely not" but yep.

10 years ago

We've been trying for jus two months after I was cleared after my miscarriage. I had an ectopic pregnancy last year. Hoping third times the charm. I've been on Wobenzym N and doin castor oil packs. It's crazy how it's so hard to get pregnant and it end in a baby when u are trying but when others aren't trying they get pregnant.

10 years ago

I know, mys sister got pregnant first try. I had a miscarriage early last year and have been on fertility meds for the past 6 cycles. After three more if I am not pregnant I will be on the IVF waiting list. At least for me I knew it would be hard (and even told my husband before we were even engaged!) because I have PCOS. But the only reason that should be an issue is the irregular ovulation, and the meds have fixed that! So I should be able to get pregnant as easily as anyone else. Sigh.

10 years ago

The doctor told me that I would hve to hve three incidents in order for them to start doing tests. :-( I'm hoping I won't have to go through tests and fertility treatments but if I do I'll just have to get through it. I'm glad to hear your medication has fixed your ovulation issue. You'll b preggo in no time! :-D

10 years ago

I like having fertility tests done as it makes me feel more in control of the situation. It gives me confidence that the right treatments will be given too. It just worries me that we have missed something that hasn't been tested for yet.

I was told the same thing about them only looking into why after three miscarriages. It just worries me as it took a year to get pregnant the first time. If it takes a year each time then that is a lot of time! I am not getting any younger...

I wish I had your confidence about being pregnant in no time! Statistically if you are going to get pregnant using clomid is is most likely within the first 3 cycles. We have done 6 now. I really don't think it is going to happen without IVF :( Even while super relaxed over my holidays we didn't get pregnant. We had so much time and energy for BDing and now with work closing in again that will all disappear.

10 years ago

I have faith that you will get your BFP soon! It may not be this month but it will be this year. I had some mild cramping today with breast tenderness and nausea early this afternoon. Have you been having any symptoms? It's funny how I had so many symptoms last cycle but hardly any this cycle. I used to never have any kind of symptoms other than cramping before AF.

10 years ago

My "symptoms" today were really bad cramping starting, and suddenly getting sore breasts then my period started within the hour. So, on CD1 again.

It is amazing how no two cycle ever seem to be the same! I have never gone as long with no cramping as this one.

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo