Community post

Discussion

How do I relax about TTC?

I am on my second month TTC and I am already really stressed out about it. I constantly second guess my OPK strips and worry about if I ovulated on the day I thought or had sex on the right day. I have obsessive compulsive disorder and I really think that all of this is feeding into it. I would normally take medication like valium to help me calm down, but I am afraid to do that because I could be pregnant. I have tried hot bubble baths, exercise, deep breathing, aromatherapy, and "natural" supplements that are supposed to calm you down (valerian root and melatonin). Nothing is helping me. What can I do to relax? What do you do?

*~* Rachel *~* Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

7 Replies • 13 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 7 of 7 Replies

Take a B complex and really its only been 2 months,just breathe and relax,yoga helps too!!! lol

13 years ago

I hear you! I have OCD too and am taking a month off TTC as I had a miscarriage a few weeks ago after TTC for 6 months...

I went of my meds for 5 months thinking I would get pregnant right away and of course that didn't happen so I talked with my doctor and decided to go back on my meds due to all the stress and other OCD stuff....anyway, the month I went back on I conceived; and even though I lost that one, I'm convinced that the Prozac is fine after a bunch of research. It may have even calmed me down enough to be able to conceive.... I don't know but if you function better on meds it is ok while TTC and some can even be taken throughout a pregnancy because babies don't like stress!

Take care of yourself and know that you are not obsessing alone! ;)

13 years ago

Thank you so much TeacherToria for letting me know that I am not the only one going through this! I am so sorry about your loss.

I am on celexa for my OCD and Ambien for severe insomnia and my doctor did tell me to stay on those medications until I found out I was pregnant. I can stay on celexa during the pregnancy but I am going to try cutting the dose in half once I find out I am pregnant. The problem is that I still get severe anxiety and panic attacks and I cannot take my klonopin for it. Klonopin could be harmful to a baby if I am pregnant. I took half of one tonight anyway. I feel so hopeless sometimes. I think a lot of my problem is coming off of BC pills. My hormones have been going crazy since I stopped taking them. I am up one minute and down the next. Thanks again for letting me know that I am not alone in this.

*~* Rachel *~* Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

13 years ago • Post starter

Hiya!

I suffer from anxiety quite bad, and have recently come off my meds. I was on max dose of citalopram (celexa) for over a year.

I came off my meds not long after I was made redundant because I was glad to be free of my job.

I'm going through quite a stressful time right now with my sister in and out of hospital, as well as a few other minor things, and have been talking valerian root. I used to be on lorazapam, similar to valium, but decided to try and cope without it.

From reading the labels, valerian root is ok, but passiflora, which is in some other natural anxiety tablets, is not recommended for pregnancy.

As for coping mechanisms, well I find a brisk walk really helps. It releases endorphins which naturally make us feel good. If I'm at work and unable to do that, then sitting down with a cup of tea, and concentrating on my breathing helps by giving me a few minutes to try and rationalise the situation.

If these don't work, and this is something I have been meaning to try for ages, is going to a psychotherapist for cognitive behavoural therapy (CBT). CBT teaches you tools on dealing with stress and rationalising situations. I'f give you a link bUt I'm writing this on my cell phone, so google it and have a read and see if it might be for you.

I hope this info is useful, just remember you're not alone in this, and try to think positively about getting your BFP and just enjoy the process :-)

C Xx

User Image

13 years ago

Good Luck all you ladies, hope we all get our BFP soon.

I am just going to try and relax and enjoy some cuddle time with DH, without the stress of BDing' hahaha
It can become a chore and a strain on each of us sometimes. Just enjoy eachother like we used to

DS 2/16/09 Wanting #2 by the end of this year...

13 years ago

Thanks you guys for letting me know that I am not nuts! I have been having horrible mood swings over the past 24 hours. I go from happy one minute to weeping the next for no reason at all. My hubby used to work for a gynecologist and knows a lot about hormones. He seems to think my hormones are to blame for all of it, but they have never been this bad before.

13 years ago • Post starter

Thanks for the kind words Rachel. The loss has been difficult and my hormones have been going bonkers, but I know I'll get through it!

13 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo