Server Update: You may not be able to log in right now and you may receive errors on the site until things are completed. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Community post

Question

How do I use opks?

This will be the first cycle I use opk's, and I have no clue how to use them or when to start using them.

What time of day? I know you don't use fmu.
Do you use them once or twice per day?
Around what cycle day do you start using them?

My cycles are a little erratic. Any where from 28 days to 34 and I was going by EWCM but I don't seem to be catching when it happens or if it is even happening.

Any help would be awesome. Thanks

Jessica User Image

2 Answers • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Answers (sorted by laughs)

1 - 2 of 2 Answers

You want to do them twice a day. Once in the mid morning, like 10am and then again in the late afternoon. This way you will have a better chance of catching your LH surge.

I would start testing on CD10/11 and continue until you get the line that is equally dark or darker than the control line. I kept testing until it the line started to fade (CD16). But ideally your surge lasts 12-48hrs (low-end and high end) Mine lasted about 36hrs. I bought the Target brand of the OPK's which gave me 20 tests.. 10 days testing 2 times a day. I have like 5 left over that I may use closer to when my AF is due (14dpo) to see if it can read any HCG. I don't want to waste a Clear Blue Digital!

Keep bd'ing CD11-17 and you should be in good shape :) I hope this helped!

Katie

12 years ago

Thanks so much! that was a great help.

We are taking a few cycles break and I figured why not see if I'm even Oing. And if I am how long my LP is.

DH seems to be more excited about this than I am... I think when I said I would get 2 lines after a few days his ears perked up hahaha! He just wants to see 2 lines i think.

Jessica User Image

12 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo