Community post

Question

Confused about checking temp!

Do u use a normal thermometer? My temp was 97.2 in ovulation day(low for me) now its been kind of staying around the same & going up some now..what does temp changes mean?? Thanx! Im 5-6 dpo

User Image

2 Answers • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Answers

You want to use a BBT thermometer or one that shows .10 temps (two decimal places). After you have been temping for awhile you will notice a pattern. Your pre-O temps will be lower...this is your follicular phase. The six temps prior to ovulation will help you create a coverline. The highest of those six temps IS your coverline. You should have a dip in temp on the day of O and then three consecutive days of temps above your coverline after O. This starts your luteal phase. This will prove you DID indeed O. If your temps never raise above your cover after O then you more than likely did NOT O. If your temps stay above your coverline for 18 days then this can be a sure sign of pregnancy. If you do not conceive then somewhere around time for AF to start your temps will go back down below your cover. It varies from woman to woman as to when your temp goes back down. Hope this helps. Feel free to message me. Good luck and lots of baby dust.

12 years ago

Thank u soo much! I Appreciate it very much!

User Image

12 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo