Community post

Question

Blood test for pregnancy?

Would 8-9 dpo be too early for a blood test to show pegnancy?

User Image

6 Answers • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 6 of 6 Answers

I think it would give you false answers... It can detect any level of HCG in your blood, but HCG only begins to be made when the embryo has implanted... which happens between days 7-12...

User Image

12 years ago

Thanks,i will see what my ob thinks!

User Image

12 years ago • Post starter

8-9 dpo does seem too early for a blood test. have you tried a HPT? when is AF due? some doctors dont do tests until you are late for AF...
GL

User ImageUser Image User Image Hoping for our 2nd lil' baba!!

12 years ago

The earliest my infertility clinic would test is 11 DPO. But I am sure if you happened to implant earlier and took a blood test earlier it would still be positive. I was getting positives on just the urine tests at 9 DPO and those are not as sensitive so if I had taken a blood test then it still would have been positive but my levels would just have been lower than they were.

12 years ago

My period isnt due until 26 of june..& i haven't tried a hpt yet,figured its too early..im scared to see neg! Im thinking it might of implanted tho,because ive been having pinching pulling pain in my lower right side for 5-6 days pretty bad backaches,headaches(but not today)& very lotiony cm & alot of it..always feel wet & some leaks out onto underwear(sorry tmi!)

User Image

12 years ago • Post starter

We're in the same boat! im supposed to start on the 24th and im experiencing some of the things yooh are, let us know what yoohr ob thinks!

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo