Server Update: You may not be able to log in right now and you may receive errors on the site until things are completed. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Community post

Discussion

On metformin and waiting for things to go right.

Hi friends,
I thought I will share my part of story here, so that it might help anyone.

Recently kicked off to ttc, thought will have a full physical. Then found out I have PCOS and I'm prediabetic. I had short cycle of 21 days , so ovulation was kind of question mark as it came around 4th day of my period. Met my obgyn and she prescribed me to use metformin. 1 month and almost 3 weeks on this tab. This month I had my periods on 34 th day, kind of late but happy that the cycle is extended . My cycles went short from past 2 years. All the pms had vanished and this month I felt all the pms. I'm happy that my body is responding. Waiting to check on my ovulation. Hope I ovulate normally without any aid other than metformin. Doc asked us not to BD for at least 2 months , then once my A1C levels are in good figure, ttc can be continued. I haven't seen any weight loss due to metformin. But surely has changed my way of eating.

Lesson I learned while ttc :-
1) have a full physical before ttc to rule out any pblm.
2) if prediabetic or diabetic, have the glucose levels in control before ttc.
3) if PCOS , take ur docs suggestion on improving ur ovulation and other stuffs.
4) try to stay in tune with ur body.
5) incorporate at least moderate amount of exercise .
6) don't give up hope.
7) whatever happens be positive because ur body requires ur mental support.

Hope this helps someone.

0 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo