Server Update: You may not be able to log in right now and you may receive errors on the site until things are completed. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Community post

Question

TTC with Irregular periods after Depo...Any success stories? Advice????

I have been off Depo since April 2011. Before taking depo, I had regular periods, but depo threw my cycles off track. I began taking Vitex in September 2011, and it has helped me with my cycles since I was not having any kind of bleeding since getting of depo. I have had some "periods" (light, and lasts for 3 days) with vitex, but nothing regular. I cannot determine when I will get my next period. Its been 9 months after depo, and nothing. My husband and I are TTC. Is there any advice or success stories you ladies can give me? Any imput is greatly appreciated.

5 Answers • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Answers (sorted by hugs)

1 - 5 of 5 Answers

Hi there, i was on the depo a few years ago for a year and came off it. It took me nearly a year for my periods to return as far as i can remember i got pregnant about 2/3 months later. I cant remember exactly but it wasnt too long after AF's return ive since had 2 wonderful kids and am pregnant on my 3rd so fingercrossed you wont be waiting too long for your good news babydust to you :)

12 years ago

I've researched this a lot because I almost went on the shot, but it takes on average 12-18 months to conceive after Depo. One of my friends is finally pregnant after 12 months trying post Depo. What can speed up the process is going on the pill for a few months. This same friend went on the pill for one month after trying to conceive for 10 months and having wacky cycles. She got pregnant on the very next cycle. I know you probably don't want to go on BC since you are TTC, but the sooner you do, the sooner you could get pregnant. It also worked for one of her friends. I would talk to your doc.

12 years ago

Hello :) I was on Depo for 2 years. I chose to stop the shots due to horror stories in May 2011 and by August I was having my periods again.

12 years ago

HI, I was on depo for 4.5yrs. My last shot was July 2011, I finally received AF in July 2012 and I had AF again this month. I have no clue if Im ovulating or not though. I am also TTC. Will let you know if I managed to become pregnant this month. Im due for AF again on Sept 13th.

12 years ago

I went on Depo for 2 years, came off it 7 years ago. Weve not been using any other protection ever since and ive not got pregnant :( i found i so easy with my 3 children.
Ever since i came off the depo my periods have been a mess, i dont get one for 6-9 months and then i will get 1-3 "regular" ones then they will stop again and i wont know when to expect it again. I always tell people NOT to get it unless you know you'll never want kids. :(

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo