Server Update: You may not be able to log in right now and you may receive errors on the site until things are completed. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Community post

Question

Very worried...AF cramps after faint BFP...is this normal?

I got a very faint bfp on tues afternoon and another (same faintness) following morning (wed). Was expecting AF yesterday or today but no show. I am 14 dpo today and on cd 31 (ovulated late this cycle on cd 17) but usually have a 26-27 day cycle. Anyway....I was having same exact type and intensity AF cramping last night (actually couldn't sleep well because of it) and this morning. I am so worried. I went to the bathroom and feared AF was here but she did not come. Is this normal? I might not be so worried if my bfp was darker but the faintness of it has me thinking it isn't for real. This is #2 for us but I don't remember my symptoms early on with DS. I know I had cramping at some pt but maybe later weeks? Please any stories of this happening to anyone with a bfp where everything was fine would really ease my mind! Cramping as I write this!

2 Answers • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Answers (sorted by informative)

1 - 2 of 2 Answers

Hi there Cramping in early pregnancy is very normal. Most people think that AF is coming and everytime you go to the bathroom you expect to see her ugly face. A faint bfp at 14 dpo is very normal. But a bfp is a bfp and should get darker in a couple more days Best of luck to you. Im hoping for my BFP soon Im 3days late

12 years ago

Well I bought 2 more brands of tests and re tested about an hr ago and no question BFP on both!! Very excited. Still super crampy on/off and weird leg stretching pain only on left leg have me a bit on edge but I'm trying to relax and just be happy :). Good luck on your BFP! Fingers xx

12 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo