Community post

Discussion

Clear Blue Easy Fertility Monitor and Clomid

Hi Everyone,

I bought the CBFM yesterday and started reading the manual. I just noticed that it says that taking Clomid (which I am) may affect the readings.

I am wondering if anyone has used the CBFM while on Clomid, and if so, what it has been like. I am curious what to watch for???

Thanks!!!

User Image

8 Replies • 13 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 8 of 8 Replies

Wow I didn't know about that. I don't have an answer for thatbut I would like to know also because I am on famera. Famera is a newer version of clomid. If u find some info out about which test to take while on these meds let me know too.

Thanks!

User Image

13 years ago

Hi Mahogany,

I have been reading about it a lot today on other websites. I was getting the general feeling that it would be a waste to use and offered to sell it to my cousin who is also TTC. Anyways, when I told my husband that, he said he thought we should at least give it a one month shot. I tired to find articles that supportedmy thought of it not working, and everything I found and read to him sounded positive! Seems lots of people have used it while taking fertility drugs.

I did read a couple times that people didn't start using the test sticks until 3 days after their last fertility drug and was going to to that, and again my hubby said no. He said if we are going to try it, to just do it the way that it is meant to be done and go from there.

So it seems that with my hubby's rational suggestions, I am going to try it this month and see if it works. I will let you know how it goes. Today is CD3 for me so it will be a couple weeks before I know for sure.

User Image

13 years ago • Post starter

Hello - I just wanted to let anyone reading this thread know that the Clearblue Feritlity Monitor did work for me even though I am on Clomid. I got a peak reading this morning and that is right in line with what my OPKs were saying (I did both this month as I didn't trust the CBFM yet). Anyways, I am very happy that it worked for me!!!

I did get high readings almost the entire month, but I expected that.

User Image

13 years ago • Post starter

Wow, I hadn't heard about this. I start my second round tomorrow. The first round I got negatives on the test. But then my blood test said I did. I'm going to try it again this round.

User Image" rel="nofollow">User Image

12 years ago

Hello ladies im new here but i am using the cbem and have been for three mon now i am also on clomid all i get is high reading no peak,however with my first son who is now six it worked and i also took clomid then my doc. gave me an ov-watch to use it seems to work today i am on fd4 it should read ov day in the morning good luck to you all

12 years ago

I was wondering the same thing. I have used the monitor for three cycles. It did not give me any peak days on the first cycle, but it showed 2 peak days for the next cycle. I got pregnant, but lost the pregnancy a couple of days after my period was supposed to start. I went to the Dr. and he said I had a chemical pregnancy. Encouraging if you look at it from the standpoint that I got pregnant the first time the monitor gave me a peak reading! He did a pelvic exam and said I was fine. He put me on 50 mg of clomid days 5-10 (actually took it days 6-11) to improve egg quality and told me to use OPKs in addition to the monitor. NOW... my issue this cycle is the monitor has given me 8 days of "high" readings. No peak reading yet this cycle. OPKs are showing two lines, but not dark enough to be a positive reading for ovulation. I'm a little excited though, I had egg white CM today and I have not seen that since March!!! My temp dipped down this morning a bit. I've been told that can indicate ovulation is close. I've heard that clomid can dry up the cervical mucus, so I've been taking 3-4 mucinex tablets for the last 5 days, and purchased some pre-seed lubricant that I'm told won't hurt sperm. Anyone else have experiences to share about readings from the fertility monitor being high on clomid?

User Image

12 years ago

Hi Ladies - yes clomid for sure messes with the CBFM but if you know it is doing that then you are ready. THe CBFM should show high readings for 5 days before O but for me it shows it from about CD11 to CD19 when I finally get my peak. This is because of the hormones in the clomid.

mbullert - it sounds like this is what is happening for you as well. Did you O today? I think you will any day now. Clomid also tends to push back O by a couple days. I went from CD14 to CD19 to don't be surprised if it takes a little longer than normal.

User Image

12 years ago • Post starter

i got my first peak on day 20 after 5 days of high.i am on 150mgs of clomid i think i oed on 100 but my ob bumped me up just to make sure.witch is scarry because i have had two pregnancys on only 50 and got pregnet the first cycle.i always test with the cbfm at about 6:30 am but on cycle day 19 i found out how to read the test sticks for the cbfm without putting it in the cbfm so i tested one at about 2 pm and from that i got a peak. the line that is close to the wick is the LH it gets darker when your LH sharges the line to the end that you put in your cbfm is the estergen it will be lighter.it gets lighter when the LH surges and est..rises and i got all this info from www.peeonastick.com so from the cbfm my tems and the ov watch i think i oed on cycle day 20 another my boobs have been sore scence cycle day 20 has anyone else had that

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo