Server Update: You may not be able to log in right now and you may receive errors on the site until things are completed. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Community post

Question

Read to much info and now confused,a little help please.

Ok sooo read to much info on the Internet about the LH surge but 1 thing still bugging me,ok, so when ones LH is over and gone ( no more smiley face opk ) does this mean ovulation has taken place and the little egg is no longer viable ??? Or does eggie come once LH surge has gone ???
Read both ways I think over the last to days.
This Monday I had ewcm so we BD,
Tuesday had ewcm BD
Wednesday took first opk ( was waiting for them to come ) and it was + but no BD as hubby had to work duble shift :(
Thursday ewcm and + opk and BD
Today all opk neg but I still have some cramps
Soo witch way do u ladies think it is , egg comes with LH surge and dies when LH surge has gone
Or eggie comes AFTER the LH surge has gone , only asking cause we can't BD any more now , hubby hurt his back and I am hoping that we have done all we can for this month to catch the eggie.
What do u laddie think, thank you for reading and the help.
Baby dust to us all. Good luck

3 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Answers

Charting your BBT every morning would have told you a lot more than we can tell you. BBT charting (charting your first morning temps, same time every day before your feet even touch the floor) tells you when ovulation is coming....BBT lowers, and then tells you when ovulation has actually happened...BBT shoots up high and stays there until either a positive HPT or drops as AF approaches.

As far as the info you provided, I think you BD'ed enough. Now you just wait and see what happens.

FYI....a positive OPK does not 100% confirm that you ovulated. Only BBT temping can tell you that.

Me...33 Hubby...34 Nov 2002...high risk pregnancy, preterm labor @ 31wks, held in our son until 37wks, born 7lbs, 20in October 2007...blighted ovum @ 6w4d, D&C October 2012...fetal death @7w4d subchorionic hematoma, D&C, 46 chromosomes, normal female Waiting to TTC until June!

11 years ago

+OPK just shows that the hormones are telling your body to get ready to release an egg. A lot of things can effect whether or not an egg is actually released, but assuming that one WILL be released, it should happen within 12-36 hours after the first positive. Each person is different on how long the positive results stick around, but in a lot of people, the egg is released and an OPK can still be positive for a while. That's why they always say count the first positive and mark the next day as your ovulation date. I agree that the BBT method is more helpful, but I'm the kind of person who goes "Huh, I KNOW I had the thermometer here somewhere" while fumbling for 10 minutes when I wake up. Epic fail. GOOD LUCK!

11 years ago

Thank you ladies :) good luck to u both and all of us BD

11 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo