Community post

Question

Positive Ovulation Test - now what?

On month #15 of trying....but first month since May with no Clomid (taking a break for the next 2 months). Appears that I got a positive OPK today (check out my images!). We've tried every BD sequence in the book - every night leading up to O, every other, just on the day of, you name it, and nothing is working.

So - my question is - now what? OPK was clearly negative yesterday, wait for tomorrow's OPK to see what it says? Start BDing when (we bd'd the last two days)? Stop BDing when?

I'm just so tired of trying. Would love to have some insight. Thanks, ladies!

User Image

4 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Answers

It's an obvious but never as straight forward topic! BD on your fertile day - seems simple?? REmembering Pos OPK is approximately the day before O, BD days leading up to O and few days after. If you havn't had any success after a couple more cycles I would speak to a professional about it to see if there are underlying issues

11 years ago

yummymummy (ha, love the name!) - we have already seen an RE (Reproductive Endocrinologist), who put us on this 2 month break. I have had every bloodtest known to mankind done (prolactin, testosterone and thyroid were all checked with original bloodwork that uncovered low progesterone; I just had AMH and FSH checked this cycle and both were in line). I had an HSG scan done in August, both tubes are open and fine. Husband's counts and motility were good (not great, but in the normal range). If we don't conceive this cycle or next, we start Clomid + IUI in December. We'll try that for 3 months and then they will do more tests (including endo-something or other surgery, where they put me under and go in and look at things). Here's hoping we don't get to that point, I'd love to not even have to go through IUI!

User Image

11 years ago • Post starter

Girl I'd get as much bding in as possible! I know they say to every other day but since you got the lovely positive (by the way) take adavantage of it. Then is af happen to show (hopefully not!) then give the hubster a break and do every other day or every two but since he is in the normal range I'd say have at it :) Best of luck hopefully you will have a BFP before venturing in the IUI process :/ I hope I will not have to take that road either!

11 years ago

i had the same thing i had a negative on sunday then bam on monday morning it was positive.. i wanted to be sure and i had to do like 3 more and they sure where enough to say i was going to o.. i am 2 dpo.. i bd everyday.. good luck..

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo