Community post

Question

Tilted uterus + TTC....advice please!

Ok, so apparently I'm in that third of all women that has a tilted uterus. I'm not sure what affect that has on TTC, but I'm thinking it may at least have something to do with it since we've gone 18 months and still nothing (1st IUI scheduled for next week)....anyway. What I want to know is....anyone else have this? What have your doctors said about it? Best positions, thoughts on laying with your butt in the air after BD'ing, etc? Just looking for some personal experiences as opposed to just googling it. :)

User Image

5 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Answers

Yup I got it and I had to tilt my bottom upwards after bd to help sperm find its way,
I had 5 children easily that way I'm just struggling now cos I'm far older x

11 years ago

Hi, I have this too and my Doctor said it wouldn't make any difference to conception. But we did bicycle legs in the air and raised hips as well as staying in bed for 20 mins with pillow under hips. Also if you can have an orgasm after him it might help because your cervix kind of sucks the spermys up! Good luck!

11 years ago

There are three shapes a uterus could be: anteverted or "normal" (tilts forward), retroverted or "tilted" (tilts backwards), and midplane (straight up and down). I have a midplane uterus, and everything I've ever heard or read says that having either a retroverted or midplane uterus doesn't affect fertility. I would have your doctor run some tests (if she hasn't already, although I would assume she has if you're starting iui) on both you and your SO. 18 months ttc does indicate a fertility issue. On a side note, make sure your doctor is aware of your tilted uterus. Although a differently shaped uterus doesn't affect fertility it may affect the outcome of certain tests (for instance, with my midplane uterus it can be harder to detect a baby via transvaginal ultrasound so transabdominal is recommended). Good luck with iui! I have my fingers crossed!

11 years ago

I have a tilted uterus too and my doc told me that it shouldn't affect TTC. However, I am currently on TWW after IUI#2. I don't ovulate do to unexplained fertility issue. Position doesn't matter when you do IUI. ;o) Good luck to you! Baby Dust to everyone!

Kelleyll23 ME: 31 yrs Unexplained Ovulation issues DH: 46 yrs failed reversal (06/2011) 12/2012 - IUI #1 = BPN 01/2013 - Didn't Ovulate 02/2013 - Tubes flushed 03/2013 - IUI #2 = TWW, AF due 04/07

11 years ago

I have a tilted uterus. I have one child that I conceived through fert meds and IUI. The only time I conceived naturally was two years ago using the "doggie style" position and laying on my stomach for a while. Sadly that pregnancy ended in miscarriage at 6 weeks. I've heard that in some cases of women that have tilted uterus, the sperm pools behind the cervix if you raise your bum in the air missing the target. I know doctors say position doesn't matter, but for me, doggie style did the trick.

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo