Community post

Question

IUI + Exercise (running) - thoughts?

I wouldn't consider myself a marathon runner by any means, but I run about 2-3 miles anywhere from 2-4 times per week. I had my first IUI this morning. Thoughts on running today or in the next few days? I know that if egg met sperm it would've happened already, but I guess in my head it just makes sense to not move around a lot? Of course my RE told me to "resume daily activities" but I didn't even think to ask him about running. From what I'm reading, I'm a little freaked out to head out there; what does everyone think? What do your RE's/ OBGYN's say?

Thanks....baby dust to all!

User Image

7 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 7 of 7 Answers

It does make you wonder given gravity and the position of the fallopian tubes how the stuff gets up there and then stays there. Common sense seems like it would all trickle back down again. That's what happens to the swimmers who don't make it through the cervix. As for running, the sperm is only good for 24 hours once it's been washed, so if you want to skip today, tomorrow should be fine. The window will be closed by then. Good luck! Don't get disappointed if it doesn't happy on the first go. It can take a few times.

11 years ago

Well it was IUI so all of them made it through to my uterus whether they liked it or not :) thanks for the input....I've decided to take it easy today ....just in case.

User Image

11 years ago • Post starter

I had an IUI this morning too. The nurse told me to take it easy today. No running or strenuous activity-tomorrow should be fine. Good luck to you!!!

11 years ago

Thanks Carrie! Sending lots of baby dust to you! I decided to take today off and just take it easy....Can't hurt, I guess. What is your next step? I have a progesterone check next Wednesday, but unsure after that.

User Image

I have to wait for 2 weeks for a blood pg test. I ALWAYS start spotting on Day 10, so I will know sooner. So begins the dreaded two week wait! Can they tell if you are pg by checking your progesterone levels next Wednesday? Good luck and keep me updated! Thinking good thoughts for both of us!! :)

11 years ago

Yes, I know it was IUI and all made it through. I meant when you stand up, any semen that doesn't make it through the cervix w/ intercourse comes out eventually so it seems like any semen in the fallopian tubes would tend to trickle down to the uterus.

GL with your IUI. I will likely do another on Saturday. Will be my second.

11 years ago

socigirl - lol - makes sense. This whole process is making me lose my mind. Gotcha now!!

Carrie - out of all the tests that I took when this whole thing started, my progesterone levels were low at the CD21 test - so during all my cycles with Clomid, they check that level 7 DPO to be sure that I was ovulating correctly. I'm not sure if elevated levels mean anything or not (as far as a pregnancy goes), but I would assume they're just making sure that the Clomid/ HcG shot did what they were supposed to? The last couple of cycles I've had spotting too, but my cycles (since they've become more regular from Clomid/ weight loss) have always been right at 31 days, and I don't get spotting until CD 28 or so (along with KILLER back pain). UGH! How am I going to get through these 2 weeks??!? PS - I added you as a friend so we can be cycle buddies! :)

User Image

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo