Community post

Discussion

Robitussin

I have read many things that said Robitussin can improve your cm. I get watery cm, but never ewcm. I am using preseed this cycle, but if it does not work, I am wondering about the whole Robitussin thing and if it actually works. Here is the issue...I read that the ingredient that helps cm is guaifasin, which is an expectorant and any other active ingredients can actually dry up cm. I went on Robitussin's website and maybe I missed it, but it seems all their products have other active ingredients in addition to the guaifasin. What type of Robitussin specifically am I supposed to use or is there something else out there available without prescription that contains ONLY guaifasin? Has anyone had success using this? This is our third month ttc and it is starting to get frustrating.

~Lisa~

3 Replies • 13 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

I got an off brand with it. I just read the label and that was the active ingredient. It is in the same are with the rest of the cold stuff. Hope this helps. And it did work with my cm. I have the same problem :)

13 years ago

You can buy plain Guaifenisen as Mucinex in tablet form if you like and it is in the cough section in the pharmacy... just take one every 12 hours instead of the liquid ... it is easier I think.... just make sure it is the plain mucinex

13 years ago

I also used a different brand "nyall" i think, but just check the active ingredients on all the cough syrups at the pharmacy, there should be a few that have only guaifasin.

I only tried this for 1 cycle, because I just couldn't stand the taste of it . . . yukky stuff!!! and I did not notice any real difference.

I now take Evening Primrose Oil for EWCM and it has worked really well. I take 1000mg, 3 times per day, from AF to O (make sure not to take it after O because its not good to use during pregnancy), definately worth a shot.

and to you, I know TTC is a really trying experience .. . . .try to stay positive

13 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo