Community post

Question

is there a 'best' brand of pg test to use?

ive heard clear blue is the best but they are rather pricey is there anything with the same accuracy with a little less price?

User Image

3 Answers • 13 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Answers

My favourite is First Response, but it's quite expensive... I've used the dip strips that I bought online, and they worked really well and are dirt cheap! That's what I use mostly, because of the price mostly and that way I can test a lot! :)

I prefer the pink dye tests, seem to have less evaporation lines. (all internet dip strips are pink dye, so that's another pro in their favour)

I think that any test that's recommended for 'early' testing is fine. They are all going to be around the same sensitivity. Any that recommend using it the day of your missed period are going to be much less sensitive so skip those.

13 years ago

I personally like the First Response as well. I took a clearblue firss thing this morning and it was a negative. 4 hours later I had used some internet cheapies, and they were a very faint positive, so I ran out and got a First Response, and took it when I got home (about 1.5 - 2 hours after the internet cheapies) and got a very clear, strong positive.
First reponse was also the first one that gave me a faint positive last month (before my miscarriage) at 10DPO.

13 years ago

It depends..... if you like to poas religiously during the TWW then maybe internet cheap ones are the best.

I usually buy internet cheapies as i find they are more sensitive than those you can buy at any store and a line is a line at the end of it all... you don't need some test in a plastic case, because if you area nything like me you will be breaking that case open at some point to stare at the dip strip closely !!!

13 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo