Community post

Question

Starting Clomid this cycle - any advice or insight?

Now have been trying for 9 months, but doctor is wanting me to get on Clomid b/c my periods are so irregular that she doesn't think I'm ovulating. I start 15 mg/day starting Saturday (day 3), through day 7, and then I guess we'll see what happens! Have to have bloodwork done about a week after I think I've o'd....guess it's back to being anal retentive about tracking my o-date! Any advice, insight, experiences welcomed!

User Image

3 Answers • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Answers

I was on clomid for 3 months. Couple of things I will tell you. Take your pills at night. That way you avoid the side effects. Clomid actually regulated my periods to 33 days, whereas before I was irregular and had longer periods. I did not actually conceive on clomid, but I believe it was because they later found a polyp the size of a ping pong ball in my uterus and it was blocking the sperms pathway. Good luck to you and lots of baby dust.

12 years ago

I just finished my 1st round of Clomid on Tuesday. I didn't have any bad side effects except for a mouth that was dry as the Sahara! I took two 50 mg a day. Going in for an u/s on Sunday to see if I will ovulate. I ovulate on my own but only have a 7 day luteal phase. Good luck!

12 years ago

I recommend using an OPK or fertility monitor while you are on it. Since it will be changing your hormones, it will be a brand new cycle for you in length and such, and you won't really know when you are ovulating yet. I agree with a PP about taking it at night. Not everyone has side effects, but if you do get them, you can sleep through most of them. Good luck

TTC #2 naturally after infertility treatment for #1 User Image

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo