Community post

Journal

Hyperstimulated Ovaries...Ouch!!

Well I was in the ER on Monday night. I woke up in the middle of the night with severe pain. I took some Tylenol but after 45 mins and no relief I called my doctor. The nurse wasn't much help and told me I could take another Tylenol for pain and to try to wait it out until the morning. Well after 1.5 hours with no relief and my pain at a 10 dbf talked me into going to the emergency room. Well my ovaries were the size of tennis balls! Normal ovaries are the size of almonds. So I'm definitely hyperstimulated. They couldn't give me any pain meds at the hospital though b/c my pregnancy tests came back as inconclusive?? Meaning the urine test was a very faint positive and my blood HCG level was 17 (not pregnant would be 0). Dbf got all teary eyed but I reminded him that the HCG from my trigger shot could still be in my system so not to get to excited. Its hard though because I'm borderline according to my research the 10,000 IUs of HCG should be out of your system in 10 days and 5000 IUs 5 days. Well I took 5000 which means that it should have been out of my system by Sunday night so Monday morning (4:30 am) would have been 28 & ½ hours after the HCG should have been out of my system so I'm going nuts naturally!
Today is 6DPO and I'm so sore. My ovaries are to tender. I've read that it could be a good sign that I'm pregnant. I'm going to try to hold out until Friday morning (Feb 18th) to test again which will be 8DPO.

ME-31 DH-37 TTC 6 years Feb 2006- Natural pregnancy m/c 9 weeks 2010- 3 cycles with Clomid/IUI- Nov2011- Lap- Stage 1 Endo, Uterine Septum, Ovarian Cyst & Left Tube blocked Feb2012 & Apr2012- FSH + IUI- IVF # 1: BCP/Lupron, Menopur and Follistim No Frosties 12dpt- 14dpt- Beta 30 16dpt- Beta 24 Chemical Pregnancy IVF#2: BCP, Menopur, Follistim

0 Comments • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo