Server Update: You may not be able to log in right now and you may receive errors on the site until things are completed. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Community post

Question

Quit vitex after ovulation or bfp?

Hi ladies! I need some advice. I have been taking vitex for about 3 weeks. I just got a positive opk on cycle day 14 (yay!) I just need advice on when to stop taking it. There is so much contradictory information and I just want to do the right thing. Do I stop taking it when ovulation is confirmed, or keep taking it until a bfp, or wean myself off of it after a bfp? My gut is telling me to stop after o, but I don't want to mess my cycle up. That being said I do not want to do anything to hurt my future bean. The bottle says to stop after a bfp, but I read of a lot of ladies who had miscarriages after abruptly stopping. Can someone tell me how they did it/ would do it? TIA!

2 Answers • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Answers (sorted by informative)

1 - 2 of 2 Answers

Hi, I am using Vitex too. I started it in March and I did not stop it so far. Vitex does not contains any hormones, just help to make a hormonal balance. I will not stop it until my bfp, and I will reduce it from day to day, and not just stop it suddenly. Hope that helped you. I spent hours reading forums about how to use vitex, and I believe this is the best way to use it.
Good luck and Baby Dust!

10 years ago

Thank you for responding! Like I said I just want to do the right thing. Maybe I will keep taking it then!

10 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo