Community post

Discussion

Starting clomid, anyone with me? Can I get a hell ya! Part 6

View Full Post

This is for all the ladies who have been trying to conceive and are now giving Clomid a try. Feel free to share anything you want and don't worry about TMI, we've heard it all! Baby dust!

User Image 5 rounds of Clomid (1 chemical) 2 rounds of Femara + IUI (1 chemical) 4 rounds of Femara, Clomid, Menopur+IUI (all BFN) 1 IVF in January=

336 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

91 - 100 of 336 Replies | Last Page

Thanks lisserb! We haven't delved much into the conversation of SA, but I know that's what needs to be done next. My RE hasn't said anything about it yet, but maybe she's waiting to see how clomid works first. I was hoping (as we all are!) that this was the month. Thanks for responding!

11 years ago

I missed your question about your chart and spotting. I have to agree that your chart isn't indicating a pregnancy, but you never know. It takes a while to get the hang of charting and iirc, my first couple of charts were wacky. Spotting isn't counted as cd1, it is the first day of full red flow that is CD1. Spotting at cd12 could be implantation though, so my fingers are still crossed for you! I'd ask for an S/A for you DH as soon as possible. Better to know than to waste time and money and medication if there is a secondary issue.

I haven't temped in years, but I just dug my bbt out for the hell of it. My temp, after 4 hours of being awake was 99.3. I do have a tooth infection right now (had a root canal for it the same day as my IUI) so that explains that. I might temp the rest of my cycle for giggles, but I'm guessing my infection will throw it off.

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

11 years ago

Congrats Mrs. Flashe!

11 years ago

Congrats MrsFlasche!!!!

Babypbaby- I had a few re's so its tough to really say how things are supposed to be done because they all say something different. The first doc I had said my DH's sperm was in "okay" shape so he put me on Clomid for up to 6 rounds. It's not good for you health to be on Clomid for longer than that without a significant break in between (4-6 months). Then my next doc said he had low count. From what I gather from my clinic and talking with other IUI gals, a lot of doctors will suggest IUI if all tests come back good and Clomid doesn't do the trick regardless of sperm counts. Some say infertility can be as simple as having too acidic cervical mucus so IUI can bypass that toxic environment and give the sperm a fighting chance. Fertility is so confusing because there are sooo many things that go wrong with the conception process. Anyway, that's my take on it but who knows lol.

Pixandpoetry, thanks:) And I sure hope this is your month too!

User Image 5 rounds of Clomid (1 chemical) 2 rounds of Femara + IUI (1 chemical) 4 rounds of Femara, Clomid, Menopur+IUI (all BFN) 1 IVF in January=

11 years ago • Post starter

Congrats MrsFlasche! May I ask u to tell ur story of the journey that has gotten u to this ? I am so hoping to one day feel the same joy u are feeling now...as we all are i am sure!

I am on cd9 and last clomid pill tonight for this cycle...i go for us tuesday to see how many follies are mature if any and then dr will decide if she will give me the trigger shot! Excited and nervous at the same time!

11 years ago

kmison- Wishing you lots of follicles(if you want lots lol)! Keep us updated. The trigger shot made me nervous the first time too but its a breeze!

Clomid question-

I took clomid for the first time the cycle on days 5-9. I started heavy spotting day 10-11. Is this normal? I'm worried. I'm getting US to check follicles tomorow.

Advice? Thanks!

11 years ago

Mishell im on cd10 now after clomid on cd5 thru cd9 and im not bleeding at all...but I know there can be side effects that involve bleeding...is it worse than a normal period? I hope everything is ok for u and at least u go to dr tmrw!
Keep us posted! I go for my us tues. Hoping for plenty of large follies!

11 years ago

I wish I could help, but I haven't expericed mid cycle bleeding with clomid before. What did your doctor/nurse say it could be?

I haven't had any mid-cycle bleeding either, however I have been spotting for the past couple days ( 11-13DPO) which is odd for me.

I was wondering what everyone's experience was with Clomid and the length of cycles. I o'd on CD14-15 so I expected to get my period today or tomorrow, but I'm not feeling like that's going to be the case. Did Clomid lengthen anyone's cycle POST ovulation? Usually even if my cycles are crazy long, I still get my period 14 days after ovulation. Just wondering what I have to look forward to!

And yes, I've taken plenty of HPT's :). All negative, of course.

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo