Community post

Discussion

Starting clomid, anyone with me? Can I get a hell ya! Part 6

View Full Post

This is for all the ladies who have been trying to conceive and are now giving Clomid a try. Feel free to share anything you want and don't worry about TMI, we've heard it all! Baby dust!

User Image 5 rounds of Clomid (1 chemical) 2 rounds of Femara + IUI (1 chemical) 4 rounds of Femara, Clomid, Menopur+IUI (all BFN) 1 IVF in January=

336 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

231 - 240 of 336 Replies | Last Page

Mishell- aw you poor thing! That would be quite the head game. Don't look into to it too much yet. I think you'll be able to trust the results the further along in your tww. Until then, loads of baby dust!

Kmison- I think you were being smart in not messing around with waiting to ovulate. I am a late ovulater too and if I left it up to my body my follicles would be too mature to be viable. The trigger is a great thing with Clomid. As for the cost of IUI and IVF, every clinic is different but for me IUI is $200 and IVF is $5000 canadian. So you can see why most ladies will try IUI first lol. Don't think too much about that now anyway, you are a long way from having to think about that!

User Image 5 rounds of Clomid (1 chemical) 2 rounds of Femara + IUI (1 chemical) 4 rounds of Femara, Clomid, Menopur+IUI (all BFN) 1 IVF in January=

11 years ago • Post starter

Well ma' ladies, IUI#5, here I come! BFN this morning and I'm all crampy. I'm hoping AF visits tomorrow so I can get her over with. So this is it! From what I gather my clinic shuts down for the last 2 weeks in December so I don't know for sure if this will be my last IUI or the next one. Either way I'm signing us up for IVF. After a looong talk with DH we decided that we will do up to 3 IVF's. I was thrilled to hear this but at the same time it means taking out loans and prolonging school but I hope, hope, hope it will be worth it! I hope we have better luck with IVF. I remember thinking back in the day, "maybe Clomid will work the first time!!" and then with IUI, "maybe IUI will work the first time!". Lol, well, lets just hope that God throws me a bone on this one lol.

Melissa- It's all on you now girl! I need you to get your BFP and root me on next round! I just need to see a successful IUI and it should be you so I sure hope you have some good news today!!

Sorry to disappoint. I didn't bother taking the frer this morning. BFN on the $ store. Or should I say, "visible indent line that's not pink" on the dollar store. My temp dropped too, but true to my insomniac self, I was pretty much awake (trying to fall back asleep) for about 45 mins before I took it an hour earlier than yesterday, so I'm not sure if that would make a difference.

My due date for my ectopic is this week, so I'm an emotional mess today. I can count on one hand the number if times I've cried over a failed cycle. I'm adding to that number today, all the while trying to count the blessing that is the child I already have.

My DH and I need to have that next step conversation. IVF will be about $3000 more than I thought. We have been talking about adopting also. I'm not sure if we will try one last IUI or not.

*hugs* Amanda. I wanted this to be it for both of us.

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

11 years ago

Your message made me tear up. I really wish I could snap my fingers and be beside you giving you a huge hug right now. My due date was a few days ago and it bummed me out and made me angry at the same time so I can imagine how you feel right now. My DH is adopted so we would be all for it. We also thought about being foster parents to children under 2 and then possibly adpoting. My friend works for CAS and says it speeds up the adopton process. So many things to consider and things I'm sure we thought we'd never have to. Just looking at the IVF info my doc gave me sort of puts me in good spirits. The odds almost tripple so that has to be good, right? It's just the unknown I think. I think I was nervous to try IVF because if it doesn't work I would lose my mind and wouldn't have any money left to vacation my sorrows away lol. Anyway, let's both keep our chins up through this, we have to know it will happen!

I hope that the "sorry to disappoint" didn't come off as snarky. Reading my post back, it sounds that way. Thank you for the virtual hugs. I am doing better now.

If we adopt, or rather when, because its always been part of the plan anyway, we will adopt from foster care. I think we are in agreement to the 2-3 year age group. I don't really want to go older than 3 years old.

I'll probably use the frer this afternoon, just to make sure. I know it isn't over till the red lady sings.

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

11 years ago

Got the results from the dr's blood test....all negative. So, I have to wait a cycle and we'll be ready to go again. I know I *could* try this month, but I'm kind of scared to.

This has been such an awful week....tomorrow I'll be holding my dad's hand while my mom has open heart surgery....I need this year to be over. And I want to start 2013 with some good news.....FOR ALL OF US!!

User Image User Image

11 years ago

I'm definitely crying. Bawling my eyes out actually.

User Image

User Image

Oh God, please let this be real. Please, please be real!

11 years ago

Congrats lisserb praying for a healthy and happy 9 months

User Image

11 years ago

Mrs.Flashe- I'm going to get all scientific on you for a moment. For the next 3 months you are going to be "super fertile" so can understand your worries but in my opinion I would keep trying hon. I know it's hard but take advantage of this time.

My buddy Lisserb- !!! I'm sorry, I'm just gonna say it.... ! I see lines for sure!! And you are not going to tell me these are evap lines! I will pray a thousand times that they get progressively darker!! This gives me hope!! You must be bouncing off the walls!

LOL, hopefulll, I am still crying! I was so sure the test this morning was negative. I was completely expecting to see nothing but evaps on both tests. No, those are definitely not evaps! I'm just hoping beyond all hope that it is real and sticky!

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo