Community post

Question

What are the side effects of taking progesterone suppositories in early pregnancy ???

Can anyone who has taken progesterone suppositories early in there pregnancy tell me what side effects they got from it. Im only a mere 4 weeks pregnant and was started on the medication today, it was terribly painful going in and caused a horrible burning urination after (sorry if tmi) just wondering if thats normal ? this is my 6th pregnancy (the last 5 were losses ranging from 25 weeks to 9 weeks)
thanks for your help ladies xx

Sarah praying for a and healthy baby .

1 Answer • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Answers

I am currently taking it and I am at 33 weeks. I have only been taking it for about 4 weeks and have had no side effects. Everyone is diff. but I would def. tell your doc as soon as you can about your side effects. The burning and such could be from something else they could treat. You may have a uti or something of that nature. I remember having uti sypmtoms at the beg. of my pregnancy, yet I didn't have a uti. It could also be a bacteria infection that causes the burning going in. After using the progesterone for a couple weeks, come to find out I had a baterial infection and everything is fine now.

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo