Community post

Discussion

Want cycle buddies who have been TTC #1 for a few months now

View Full Post

Hello!

I am looking to buddy up with a few ladies who have been TTC #1 for a few months now.

I am on cycle 5 of trying. I really expected to get pregnant in the first couple months of trying, but it hasn't happened yet. I am a worry wart, so I often worry that something is maybe wrong, but I am working on trying to stay positive!

I am a bit of a control freak, so I chart religiously. I monitor BBT, CM, cervix position and I use OPKs. This month I am supplementing with soy isoflavones and evening primrose oil. It is my first time trying these things and I am a little nervous, but I am hopeful that it might get me that .

I would love to hear your story!

User Image TTC since June 2012. DH: 32 Me: 29 October 2012: DH diagnosed with varicocele and low morphology 1-2% to all!

80 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

11 - 20 of 80 Replies | Last Page

Hello ladies! I've also been trying to find some buddies on here to chat with. I am 27 and my DH and I have been TTC our 1st since April 2012 after being on the pill for nearly 8 years. I've always been told that doesn't hinder your fertility but I strongly disagree. My cycles are so irregular and have ranged from 18 days to 39 days. So it seems like every month I add something new to try. First was opk's, then bbt, now it's almost like the kitchen sink- fish oil, vit b6, preseed, etc.

I find myself also being quite a control freak. And it is hard not having any control in this matter except trying all these extra methods and waiting. It's been a roller coaster of emotions. Every time AF comes I'm completely depressed. I am 10 dpo today and am holding off until 12 dpo to test which is when AF is due. I had a dip in my temp this morning so I'm kinda thinking AF is near., but I try to be positive....although, each month that goes by makes it hard to keep that hope going. Anyway enough babble! I wish all you ladies the best during this time in our lives and lots of baby dust!

-Melissa

11 years ago

Jazzy, Im on cd 8. Thanks Ima try and put new info I find that can be helpful to everyone...

User Image

11 years ago

Yes this is very emotional for alot of women. Im sorry about the depression; I believe god never puts us threw things we cant handle... If you dont mind me being that up. Ive never thought being on bc could control fertility but everyone is differant and if you say it does then it does. Best wishes...

User Image

11 years ago

Yes Jazzy I seem to be a pretty dedicated runner. I begin training for my first full marathon tomorrow (slightly nervous). I wonder the same thing if running henders ttc also. Doc says no, but I am not sure if I true,y explained how much/far I run.

As far as symptoms I am DPO 4 and I think af is going to come early... Ugh... Cramps on and off today and I think I have been a little short with my DH this evening.

I think I will download a sample of that book and take a look.

Where are you currently in your timing?

Mcmfsu - we are completely in the same boat!! I am also 27 ttc my first, trying since May. I was on bc for several several years and even will say the I did not have af visit when I was on it. My cycle is all over the place also..soo frustrating! And on top of that I feel like af adds a new symptom every month. This past month was really bad, all I wanted to do was cry! I had to ask a friend if that was normal because I have never experienced that before! I guess just reading your post made me feel like I am not the only one that feels just like you.. Which (to me) is encouraging because in my head it means we what we are going thru is very normal! :)

Regularity and baby dust to you!!

11 years ago

Hi ladies!

I too was on birth control for a long time before TTC (like 10 years, I am 29 now). It makes your periods so regular and normal that when you go off, problems can be uncovered that you never knew you had! My cycles have been slightly irregular since going off in November. First few months, all cycles were 27 or 28 days. Then in June, first month TTC, I had a 35 day cycle. Since then, I have had 31 days, 30 days and last month was only 26 days. BUT I am ovulating every month according to my chart, so that is positive. I am trying soy isoflavones this cycle, hoping it will regulate things and give me a stronger O.

This book (which is TOTALLY awesome) talks about the long term effects of using the pill. It says that sometimes it can damage the cervical crypts that produce healthy cervical fluid. I do get a blob or two of EWCM a few days before I O (tmi), but I have noticed my cm is generally sticky otherwise and sperm cannot swim through sticky cm. I don't usually get the creamy cm that is supposed to come with the EWCM. So this month I am trying evening primrose oil to improve my cm.

I know what you guys are talking about with the emotional rollercoaster. There have been days where I have convinced myself that I have every infertility diorder on the Internet. TTC has made me into a crazy person! Up and down all the time... DH and I even went to a psychologist to learn some strategies for reducing the anxiety and depression. One thing she taught us was to interrupt negative thinking. Anything that is a "what if" or "why me" is off limits. Also, living in the moment and not looking too far into the future right now. It helps most days. But on the day the shows, nothing helps! I usually let myself have that one day to cry, think negatively, etc. Then the next day I try to turn it around!

Sorry I have been so long winded. I am not usually like this on here!

It is really nice to find other ladies who are in the same boat, because this is hard!

I really hope one or more of us can get a soon, so we can have something to celebrate on here!

Has anyone else tried soy isoflavones or evening primrose oil?

User Image TTC since June 2012. DH: 32 Me: 29 October 2012: DH diagnosed with varicocele and low morphology 1-2% to all!

11 years ago • Post starter

Hi Jazzy, how's the going? Have you O'd yet? I'm 15 DPO today and expecting AF latest by tomorrow ie sunday.

Audrey, I took look at the tips on your countdown page and found them very helpful too, thanks

I will also get a copy of the book and see what happens
Lovely weekend to you ladies...praying for you and wishing us all s...

User Image

11 years ago

Hi Ladies. DH and I have been TTC since June. We did get a in August, but it turned out to be a CP . Since it was so early, the doc indicated we could try agian right away. September, I was traveling for work, that was a wash. This month, I'm hopeful; however, I had a sonohistogram which showed I have a uterine polyp. Still my doc said keep ing anyway. I am scheduled to have the polyp removed later this month (if I don't get a ).

I'm temping, checking CM, and using OPKs. According to the +OPKs and a slight thermal shift, I may have O'd yesterday...which happens to be the one day in the last 4 that we didn't . We will try and today just in case my calculations are off.

to everyone!

User Image

11 years ago

Efua,
I haven't O'd yet. My ticker is accurate. Expecting to O in 4 or 5 days. Have been working on the .

Welcome Holly!
So we have both been TTC since June! I am sorry about the chemical PG. . But on a positive note, you know you can get PG! Probably just need to keep trying for that sticky bean! Maybe this will be your month! You have a good chance since sperm can live in there for a few days.
What does the polyp do? How did you know you needed a test for one?

@Jazzy,The CP was technically my 2nd miscarriage (I had a miscarriage in 2008 @ 8 weeks...the fetus stopped growing at 6 weeks). I told my doctor my history and the fact that last year I had laprascopy to remove some ovarian cysts. Once he heard we were TTC since June coupled with the fact that I'm over 40, he wanted to do a sonohistogram(SH) just to rule things out. B4 doing the SH, he did a sonogram, which showed a perfectly healthy uterus. When he did the SH, he saw the polyp. Apparently, it is not anything serious because he said we can still TTC and I can have the polyp removed after delivery, if we get our . Basically, polyps (if they are large) can prevent the egg from implanting and cause miscarriage. Also, sometimes they can cause spotting, which can be alarming if you are pregnant and are spotting off and on. Note: my only sign was the day of my SH, CD 8, I did have a little spotting. Not sure if it was from the polyp or if it was early ovulation spotting.

I have read that some women get their s right after having the SH procedure because the saline solution they use to blow up the uterus, so they can get a good look sometimes cleans things out and makes it easier to conceive.

Great news. I found EWCM when I checked the tp this afternoon! I also used my BBT tracker to guestimate what would happen if my temp rose slightly for the next two days. It then said that my O date would be CD14 (Today! ). This was great news, so DH and I this afternoon and will do so again tomorrow.

Here's to hoping that my progesterone starts to kick in and my oven starts warming up!

User Image

11 years ago

I love that we can celebrate cervical mucus on here. Haha. I am waiting for the EWCM. I usually get one or two batches of it in a cycle, but usually a few days before I O. I am hoping the evening primrose oil will improve my cm. Not so much yet... Seemed more creamy than sticky the last couple days, but today it is sticky again and O is approaching.I expect to O on Wednesday or Thursday, so there is still time!

It sounds like you have had a long road already. That must have been difficult. At least the polyp isn't anything serious though. I have also heard that the dye test can open things up if there is some minor blockage. that you get that !

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo