Community post

Discussion

Want cycle buddies who have been TTC #1 for a few months now

View Full Post

Hello!

I am looking to buddy up with a few ladies who have been TTC #1 for a few months now.

I am on cycle 5 of trying. I really expected to get pregnant in the first couple months of trying, but it hasn't happened yet. I am a worry wart, so I often worry that something is maybe wrong, but I am working on trying to stay positive!

I am a bit of a control freak, so I chart religiously. I monitor BBT, CM, cervix position and I use OPKs. This month I am supplementing with soy isoflavones and evening primrose oil. It is my first time trying these things and I am a little nervous, but I am hopeful that it might get me that .

I would love to hear your story!

User Image TTC since June 2012. DH: 32 Me: 29 October 2012: DH diagnosed with varicocele and low morphology 1-2% to all!

80 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

41 - 50 of 80 Replies | Last Page

She said my tubes were blocked by debris!! I've never heard such thing...like its a garbage disposal or something!! I'm sure that an ectopic pregnancy is a high risk but nothing have been discussed with me. I'm guessing my doc is waiting for a bfp first. Did i also mention that i have hyperprolactinemia. Long name to say that i have elevated prolactin. (hormone that produces breastmilk). Its like my body thinks it already pregnant and that's prob why i can't. Maybe....idk. *shrug.

It does suck that insurance won't pay for it. your lucky that Canada has started covering infertility. That be super cool if the US would start. You can rant all day everyday...ill be right here reading it...lol.

Ooh gosh about testing. Idk about that... I'm so scared that i will see a bfn. I think i will just wait until i don't see af and take it from there. I've had too many disappointing moments. I've been having abd cramping/pain and done fatigue but that's about it. Oh and i had one day of spotting in Fri... Maybe implantation...idk.

Will definitely keep you posted with the days to come. Keep your fingers and toes crossed!

User Image

11 years ago

Hi ladies. I know I have been MIA for a few days. I ended up getting my period last week and felt really sad so my husband and I took a mini vacation this weekend just to get my mind off things.

Nfinest- I feel the same way! I never thought I would get to a point where I didn't want to test but that is where I was at. I liked having the hope and possibility of a positive than the realization of a negative which is what is usually the case. I know it may not always be like that, but I'm sure as you ladies know, you expect a negative after so many months. I do wish you luck this month. At least now you know what the problem is and you have it worked out!

Arherring-let us know what happens tomorrow! I know how it is when people keep asking you when you're gonna have a baby. All I feel like screaming is "WE HAVE BEEN TRYING AND IT'S NOT HAPPENING OK! So thanks for bringing it up " lol I have only told a few friends but no family.

Jazzy- sorry to hear about your delayed O. I thought about doing something to bring my O sooner bc I would ovulate like cd 25-28 but I'm glad I didn't bc last month I actually ovulated cd 18 which was a great surprise. I hated having to wait sooooo long. Other ppl were having 2 cycles in my 1 cycle! Right now I'm just doing prenatal vitamins, fish oil, and vit b6 bc my luteal phase was short. After taking them for 1 month my luteal phase went from 10 days to 14 so I guess they worked!

I'm going onto month 7. Isn't that supposedly a lucky number?! Well let's hope. So right now I am CD 5. I should ovulate anywhere bt 18-28. God luck to you all.

11 years ago

To MC
Awww....I'm sorry to hear that af came but glad that you were able to get away for a few to get your mind off of things. That sucks tho and it doesn't give me hope....I might need to go on a vacay next weekend if i see that bfn.

Yeah...i know what the problem is...finally after trying for so long but then if i don't conceive what will be my excuse then!?
Its so stressful. I'm getting to the point where I'm like to heck with all of this...its just not meant to be. And i get so tired of people asking me when will i have a baby. Lol...like you said i feel like shouting ," I AM TRYING...JUST NOTHING IS HAPPENING!!".
But i take it a day at a time and just try not to stress. There's always next month right...lol.

Norl

User Image

11 years ago

Norl,
I am sorry about your fertility difficulties. I will cross my fingers that you get a natural all on your own. You hear those stories all the time, so believe it is possible! It might just take a little more time.
I am lucky to be in Canada. Testing and a lot of the surgeries would all be covered. However, fertility drugs, IUI and IVF are not, at least not in my province yet. I live in a more conservative province, so I doubt it will happen here. And I will not be moving to Quebec any time soon!
I know how you feel about testing. Last month I refused to test until AF was one day late (so I never ended up testing last cycle). I found it to be a MUCH better experience. Early testing leads to second guessing, multiple disappointments... It just messes with you! I think some women cope better and can do it, but not me.

Mcmfsu,
I am sorry that AF showed. It sucks for sure when the comes.
But 7 IS a lucky number!
Try to stay positive. The next cycle could be your cycle!!!

Everyone,
I ended up with another negative opk today. The cycle gets weirder still... Today I had O pain and what felt like AF cramps.
I also took a really long nap and woke up feeling weepy and depressed for no reason... Must be the hormones? Then I took my temperature just for the heck of it and my temp was really high like it is after O! And now my cervix is miway/medium/medium. So maybe I did O and missed the LH surge with the opk? I guess only time will tell... Need to see what my temps do over the next few days. I really hope it was O.

STAY AWAY from soy isoflavones!!!

User Image TTC since June 2012. DH: 32 Me: 29 October 2012: DH diagnosed with varicocele and low morphology 1-2% to all!

11 years ago • Post starter

Jazzy, are you testing in the morning or evening? I found that for 1 month I had no positive OPK when I tested with fmu but when I started twice a day I noticed a big difference and got a strong positive in the evening. So now I mostly test around 530-6pm and I haven't missed a surge.

11 years ago

Hi everyone!

Sorry I have been off the grid for a few days. I won't bore you with the details, but the short story is my faint positives did not turn into s...at least not yet.

I had what I thought were faint positives last week and started testing with FRERs over the weekend. They were all !

AF is due in 5 days, so it is still early and I'm ont out; however, when I had the CP back in August, I believe I had a positive at 9PDO. 11DPO is around the corner and nothing yet (tested this morning and this afternoon).

I'm praying that all of this drama will make for a good story when I get my later this week. We shall see!

User Image

11 years ago

Holly,
I am sorry about the s. But you are right, it is still very early. Fingers crossed. Don't lose hope!

Mcmfsu,
I have been testing between 4 and 5:00.
A lady messaged me on here to tell me that she thinks I might have O'd on cd 17 and missed the surge with the opk. What do you ladies think? Please look at my temps if you have time .
I am not feeling good about this cycle though. Too loopy. Not sure if I O'd. I think I am going to stop taking opks this cycle. Maybe I already O'd and it is too expensive. Bleh . There is always next cycle. Stupid soy.

Good evening all!,

The inlaws left this morning but guess who came to town, AF.... Right on time.. Oh we'll I suppose I will change my desire to being a August mommy... :) Trying to be positive.

Keeping the faith for you Holly!! Keep those sticky bean thoughts! I think it's heading your way is month.

On a more positive note I had to enroll in my medical plans for next year and I raised ,y coverage to the most expensive in case I finally get that bfp and I have to have a baby next year. With this insurance plan I am 80% covered for IVF and other fertility treatments, so that is encouraging... Hoping I don't need the fertility treatments but desperately hoping i get to use the birthing part of my insurance.

I would like to add a new technique this month.. Should I do the temp checking? Or should I do something else?

Not sure if this question will require tmi but how do you check your cervix position?

Sometimes I really feel clueless...

11 years ago

Arherring,
I am sorry the showed! It is always a difficult day. Try to look forward to the next cycle and stay positive!
That is great news about the medical coverage! Sounds like you will benefit regardless, so that's great!
I strongly suggest temperature checking, because it provides you with so much information. You can tell exactly when and if you ovulated. It is also useful in self diagnosis of some fertility issues. It is even useful if you get PG, because your doctor will have a more accurate conception date!
Cervix checking can take a few cycles to get the hang of it. Basically you have to squat and feel it with your finger. It will be high, soft and open before and during O. Otherwise, it will be low, hard and closed.

As for me, I think I O'd on cd 18. I will be shocked if I get a this cycle though, since it was so screwy. Even my temps are goofy! Boo soy!

DH had his ultrasound today. He has the semen analysis Monday. He hated the ultrasound. He almost seemed resentful toward me about it when he came home today. He felt humiliated. The male technician prodded around for quite some time... Not sure when we will get the results!

girls!

BUMP!

Ladies???

You all must be budy BDing or testing!

How is everyone? Updates?

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo