Community post

Discussion

Want cycle buddies who have been TTC #1 for a few months now

View Full Post

Hello!

I am looking to buddy up with a few ladies who have been TTC #1 for a few months now.

I am on cycle 5 of trying. I really expected to get pregnant in the first couple months of trying, but it hasn't happened yet. I am a worry wart, so I often worry that something is maybe wrong, but I am working on trying to stay positive!

I am a bit of a control freak, so I chart religiously. I monitor BBT, CM, cervix position and I use OPKs. This month I am supplementing with soy isoflavones and evening primrose oil. It is my first time trying these things and I am a little nervous, but I am hopeful that it might get me that .

I would love to hear your story!

User Image TTC since June 2012. DH: 32 Me: 29 October 2012: DH diagnosed with varicocele and low morphology 1-2% to all!

80 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

51 - 60 of 80 Replies | Last Page

Hi Jazzy and ladies

So I'm 16 dpo...and i only have light spotting. Af was due on yesterday. I tested on thurs just because and it was a . Sniff. I sorta got depressed and down expecting to see af the following day....but so far.. Nothing.

The thing is....I'm normally irregular so its like a matter of time before i think af will rear her ugly face. Lol. I'm scared to test again....but how long should i wait before i test again!? I wish it would hurry and come anyways so i can start this looooooooooooooong cycle again.

How's it going with you!?

Jazzy- has your dh get over his humiliation yet? Any results?

Norl

User Image

11 years ago

Hi Norl,
How sure are U about your O day? Were you temperature charting?
You could still be PG. A lot of women get BFNs on urine tests for days after AF is due! It sounds positive to me if you are sure about O, because a 16 day luteal phase would be abnormally long! Fingers crossed for you!

As for my DH, something was found on the ultrasound, but we have to wait until November 6 to meet with the doctor about it. He has his semen analysis tomorrow, so we will be able to discuss both results on Nov. 6. It is going to be a long wait!!!

I am 8 dpo. No symptoms, except pms. I won't test unless AF is late, which would be next Saturday for me.

Good luck!

Wonder how the other ladies are doing!

User Image TTC since June 2012. DH: 32 Me: 29 October 2012: DH diagnosed with varicocele and low morphology 1-2% to all!

11 years ago • Post starter

Jazzy

To tell you the truth.... Idk about this month as far as ovulation goes ...if i go according to my app... It says that i o on the 4th... But i swear this month...my ewcm was much later. But i didn't listen to my body. Yes I'm doing temp charting but... I'm using a regular thermometer. Does it matter if its not a bbt one?
Idk anymore... And i just learned what a luteal phase was!! Anyways...my af haven't shown yet. So I'm unsure as to what to expect next.

Sucks that you have to wait until Nov... That's pretty long. But i know it will come soon. Whoa ...sat huh! I know you can't wait. I seriously hope af doesn't show!! Good luck to you!!

User Image

11 years ago

Hello ladies. I'm still alive! lol I'm cd 14 and am waiting for the O. Could be any day from cd18-28 so we will see. Hopefully sooner rather than later bc I go out of town for a few days next week so no BDing will be able to happen. Fingers crossed it happens before next week!
I went to the Gyn for my annual yesterday and she told me I could do the infertility work up really at any point now. Which really upset me bc I was hoping she would say "oh it could take a year!" She was actually just as concerned as I was which was nice for a change. But then again, I wanted positive news. Blood work was done and I'm assuming all was normal. No phone call today.

Jazzy- I hope all is well! I know it must be so hard to wait until nov 6th, but maybe you'll get a before then. Easier said than done, I know.

Nfinest- I would definitely recommend getting a basal body temp thermometer. It is a bit more accurate. I believe regular thermometers only give you to the thenth degree and the basal body thermometer gives you readings to the hundredth degree. Sometimes your temp change can be so minimal but in your basal body temp chart it will be a more dramatic raise or drop.

I hope the rest of you ladies are doing good. I know this can be such a stressful and emotional time.

Heres to being July 2013 mothers!!

11 years ago

Norl,

The BBT thermometer gives you 2 decimal places, making it more specific. It will show more subtle changes in temp on your chart basically.
You could probably test soon if you think you O'd on the 4th!

DH was able to move our appointment up to Oct. 31. Hopefully it is not bad luck to go on Halloween!

I am 10 dpo. I think my only symptoms are the usual pms. . Although... I did eat a whole jar of pickles in 2 days... But I did that 3 months ago too. Who knows... Have to test I guess. But I am holding out until 14 dpo, unless the shows!

Good luck!!

Good evening ladies!

I too am still alive! Lol.. I have been trying to do the whole "not trying" or not focusing on it. But I am sure that once it gets closer to the possible time of o then I will test. But who knows. Maybe next month I will try the temp if this crazy thing does not work! Lol which I am sure it will not.

Hoping for some positive news for you Jazzy!! I cannot believe that they are making you wait so long, I have to think that if it had been really bad then they would have made it a point to meet with you guys sooner. So if it is anything it is probably minor. Jazzy you gut us all thru our ttw so we are here if you want to chat!

Mcmfsu hoping you have a strong o and that it works well for you, this month and that oct/nov will be your month with the good news!!

Norl - you and I sound like we are in the same boat when it comes to knowledge. I just learned about the lulu teal phase last week and I still cannot remember what it is.. Lol.

Good luck ladies!! Sending all the luck you guys' way!

11 years ago

Hey ladies!
Glad to hear your all still alive!! Was getting kinda worried there!
Thank you so much on the tidbit about the bbt thermometer. I plan on purchasing one in the near future. I really didn't think it made a difference but i guess it does.

Jazzy- yay....Halloween!! That's closer...and herring is right about maybe its not that bad that they are putting it off to far for a followup appt. Let us know what's up.. So 4 more days to test....I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you

Arherring- lol...i have to keep looking up the definition of the luteal phase.. But i think i got it now.

I'm cd 50 ladies... 5 days late and 20 dpo. I had mildly sore breast tonight but other than that...nothing to get to hyped about. What you ladies think my next step should be!? I'm really trying to be positive and think positive... But like something gotta happen. I really really was trying this month! Oh well.

Mcm- here to July mommy's indeed!!

Good luck you guys!! Thank you for the inspiring and encouraging words. You guys have been my support system and i truly appreciate it. Night
Norl

User Image

11 years ago

Mcmfsu,
I know it must be hard to accept starting the fertility work-up, BUT there is a positive side to it. IF there is something, then you are catching it sooner and treating sooner! Which will get you loser to that !
I sort of wish my doc would start a work-up on me, because then at least I could feel like I'm doing something about it! (I like to be in control ).

Arherring,
Your luteal phase is just the time between O and the . You want an LP to be 12+ days to allow enough time or implantation to occur.

Norl,
No pressure or anything... But I think you should test! If you passed 18 dpo with no AF, then you are either preggo or you have the wrong O day. Test?

I am going insane. 3 more days... But AF is due tomorrow or Friday, so I will likely see her before I even get a chance to test. DH has my FRERs nice and hidden. It is a good thing too, because I was thinking I should try to find them today....

I am honestly going crazy.

Good luck girls!

Temp drop today. That means the is coming. I guess I better start planning month 6.
Something must be wrong... It should have happened by now! We have had perfect timing every time. I don't understand.

I am so sorry Jazzy!! I know it is hard. There are no words that can make you feel better, we ALL know that. But we have all been trying a while and we are in the same boat, we are all fine and it WILL happen for each and everyone of us who talk on this thread regularly. Keep your head up and know we are all here for you and know how you feel!

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo