Community post

Discussion

Want cycle buddies who have been TTC #1 for a few months now

View Full Post

Hello!

I am looking to buddy up with a few ladies who have been TTC #1 for a few months now.

I am on cycle 5 of trying. I really expected to get pregnant in the first couple months of trying, but it hasn't happened yet. I am a worry wart, so I often worry that something is maybe wrong, but I am working on trying to stay positive!

I am a bit of a control freak, so I chart religiously. I monitor BBT, CM, cervix position and I use OPKs. This month I am supplementing with soy isoflavones and evening primrose oil. It is my first time trying these things and I am a little nervous, but I am hopeful that it might get me that .

I would love to hear your story!

User Image TTC since June 2012. DH: 32 Me: 29 October 2012: DH diagnosed with varicocele and low morphology 1-2% to all!

80 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

21 - 30 of 80 Replies | Last Page

In kind of a funk today.... I could be because my Packer's lost miserably. Or it could be that af (I'm sure) is approaching....or it could be that the in laws are coming next week and staying all week... Ugh...

The cramps seemed to have stayed away today but my bbs are sore... All normal signs of af.

Sorry to bring down the thread! Lol. How are you ladies doing?

Holly, I am sorry to hear about your struggles! I am sure that the bfp is on its way for you.

I decided to not buy the boom until I get a bfn or until af comes. So we will see. I guess on the bright side DH is making steak for dinner.. :)

11 years ago

@Arherring13, sorry to hear about your packers. Jordy Nelson is on my fantasy football team, so I was rooting for them. I feel your pain. More importantly, I hope the witch stays away!

AFM - I am not sure if I have O'd or not...according to FF and my BBT chart here on C2P, my O is unconfirmed. If my temp goes up again tomorrow, I think they will say I O'd on Friday. Can't wait to see what happens in the morning! In the meantime, 'm my own worst enemy! Although I know it makes no difference, I am temping about every hour...just to see. I guess that is cheaper than my POAS addiction.

Good everyone!

User Image

11 years ago

Thanks Holly that made me smile. Jordy did not even see the ball today, so sorry for the no fantasy points... :(

Have any of you lady's heard of a babymoon? To took a babymoon? I was reading some stuff online and came accross this term. I want to do this!!! Maybe somewhere cheaper like Destin or somewhere really fun like Hawaii! Now to get DH on board....

Thoughts?

11 years ago

Hello ladies! It's been a few days! So nice to hear there are others like me out there. It seems like the last 7 months have been so stressful! Well I am 13 dpo and for a BFN this afternoon. My temp is still high but with a neg so late I am kind of pessimistic about this being the month. I am not sure how many negatives I can bear. I will try to test again in the morning with fmu since this afternoon my urine was so diluted (sorry tmi). I am not sure when to expect my period bc my cycles are so irregular. Yesterday I found it so hard bc I went over a friends house who is about 12 was along in her 2nd pregnancy. She conceived with both pregnancies the FIRST TRY! How lucky can someone be! Uh, what I wouldn't give to be a fertile myrtle. lol

@jazzy- Yes I have read that book! I did agree with the lack of EWCM bc I found myself not having any. So this past month my DH and I tried preseed. We will see how it does. It is easy to let your mind think there is something wrong. I keep thinking that there is. Luckily I have my annual in a few weeks so I will def be able to discuss it with her.

@arherring- Our stories are very similar! No one understands what it is like unless they are in our shoes. I told my husband no more bc after all this lol.

11 years ago

Hi ladies,

Well DH and I just ran our first Thanksgiving turkey dinner at our new house. (Canadian Thanksgiving). There was a lot of family drama that went down around us, as we slaved away cooking and cleaning. I was mostly thankful for the fact that my opk was negative today, because I do not feel like tonight!!!
Expecting to O soon though...

Mcmfsu07,

Don't lose hope. You can hold out hope until the shows!

It is a great book, isn't it? There is so much I hadn't realized. I was shocked to read that because they assume our cycles all run 28 days, that many premature babies have been born after inducing women who aren't actually overdue! It is so important to know our cycles and O day not just for TTC, but so they have an accurate conception date when we do get PG!
Also, I do not think I will ever go on bc again! I will chart my cycles and use the FAM method outlined in the book. There are always condoms if you want to BD during your fertile time! Not that that is an issue right now...

Holly, did you confirm O?

Arherring, I had not heard of a babymoon. Although, I have been talking to DH about going back to Disneyland, my favorite vacation destination. I like Hawaii too, but we were just there. Maybe Disneyland would be too hard while TTC though . I feel like everywhere I go there are pregnant people and babies! Guaranteed to run into lots of those at Disneyland!

Good luck everyone!

User Image TTC since June 2012. DH: 32 Me: 29 October 2012: DH diagnosed with varicocele and low morphology 1-2% to all!

11 years ago • Post starter

Got some lovely EWCM today! Found myself not wanting to throw it away, only to realize how crazy that is...

OPK was negative though. Going to BD today anyway, because the cm is good! Sperm can always chill in there for a few days!

How is everyone else doing?

Good luck jazzy! Baby dust to you!! Hope you enjoyed your thanksgiving! Oh and by the way, I love Disney too! I grew up in FL so we went to Disney world a lot. It's such a fun place! My husband gives me a hard time about it though. I could see it being a tough place to go while TTC. It seems like everywhere I go I see all the babies and pregnant ladies and can't help but get distracted by it.

Yea, I have totally heard of a baby-moon and def plan on taking one when that time comes. My husband and I love to travel, especially to adults only resorts. It is nice to enjoy peace and quiet on a vacation when you don't have children. We hope that won't be the case for long though! Bring on the Disney vacations! lol

I'm at 14 dpo and haven't tested since last night which was a bfn. My temp dipped way down today so I am expecting AF either tonight or tomorrow. If she's gonna come I hope she would already. I'm at cycle day 31. I really hate such long cycles. That just means the wait is longer and lesser chances to try to conceive. Last month I didn't O until day 28!

Where are others in their cycle?

11 years ago

Hey Jazzy,

That sounds like a fun vacant to take, but hopefully there will be LOTS of Disney Vacations in all of our futures!! Lol.. Keep us updated on where you are so we can all hope for baby dust for you.

Hey Mcmfsu,

We love to travel also, we go to some adults only beach resort yearly. We love to get away, and we always have a blast. Hawaii has been one of those that we talk about then decide we could have a nice affordable vacation to Mexico or to Costa Rica and save the rest... But someday!!!

Talked to hubby a bit about taking a per babymoon just to get my mind off everything but he said either I can have granite countertops or a vacation (plus we went to Mexico in May) so I think granite! I have been dying for granite for years.

I am at day 9dpo and not sure if I felt a grumbling in my tummy from af or something I ate. I think the remaining time on my tww will be fast! I have in laws in tomorrow and a wedding for my niece Saturday.. So it is going to be a busy one.

So I do not do temperature... Can one of you tell me what you use to take it with and what the theories behind that technique is? Sorry maybe an amateur question.

11 years ago

Arherring,
Taking your temperature allows you to tell when and if you are ovulating. It does not tell you when you are about to O, but it tells you after you have O'd. This is helpful for TTC of course, but it is also helpful for when you get PG, because your doc can get a more accurate conception date.
You take your temp at the same time very morning B4 getting out of bed. You have to take it before doing anything else, even before your morning pee. You must use a BBT thermometer (can get it at the drug store). If in your cyle you O, then your temperature chart should be biphasic. All the temps B4 O will be low and after you O, they will be high. The day immediately B4 the upward shift is your O day.
If you look at my profile, there are a couple biphasic charts fom earlier cycles. This cycle doesn't look like anything yet, because I have not O'd yet.

Hopefully you won't need this info. though. This could be the month you get your !

Contrary towhat my ticker says, I am still waiting to O. *sigh*

Really thought I would get a positive opk today or yesterday, but nope! I have been having lots of fertile cm though, as well as O pain on the right. Hoping I did not miss the surge? I test every 24 hours! I do not usually O this late... Guess I will keep BDing every other day until that temperature shift! What is my body doing???

How is everyone else doing? Where are we at in terms of O, testing and AF?

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo