Community post

Discussion

Want cycle buddies who have been TTC #1 for a few months now

View Full Post

Hello!

I am looking to buddy up with a few ladies who have been TTC #1 for a few months now.

I am on cycle 5 of trying. I really expected to get pregnant in the first couple months of trying, but it hasn't happened yet. I am a worry wart, so I often worry that something is maybe wrong, but I am working on trying to stay positive!

I am a bit of a control freak, so I chart religiously. I monitor BBT, CM, cervix position and I use OPKs. This month I am supplementing with soy isoflavones and evening primrose oil. It is my first time trying these things and I am a little nervous, but I am hopeful that it might get me that .

I would love to hear your story!

User Image TTC since June 2012. DH: 32 Me: 29 October 2012: DH diagnosed with varicocele and low morphology 1-2% to all!

80 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

31 - 40 of 80 Replies | Last Page

Hey jazzy!

Hang in there. I am sure you will get a positive test tomorrow! Just keep the faith!

For me I am 10 dpo and cd 26 normally my cycle averages about 28 days. I have the in laws in town till Monday, so if I do not get af by then I will test when they leave (since they are not supposed to know we are trying and my dh is very close to his parents and would not be able not to tell them). No signs of anything tho, I just feel normal... That is my update.

Any plans for the weekend ladies??

11 years ago

@Jazzy, I didn't get my confirmed O on this site (but I didn't update yesterday's and today's temps.

AFM - I do have a bit of good news though. I got a faint positive this afternoon on an internet dip strip!

I am shocked. I posted it in the gallery. I'm praying this is the start of my BFP and a Sticky Bean!

User Image

11 years ago

Holly that is great!!! Sticky bean wishes headed your way!

11 years ago

Congrats Holly! Looks like a to me!

Arherring,
Do you get a long with the inlaws? I feel for you, because either way, it is a lot of work having company over night!
I went with DH to stay with the inlaws in August and his little sister found my prenatal vitamins and told his mom. They now now that I am TTC . Did not want the added pressure!

User Image TTC since June 2012. DH: 32 Me: 29 October 2012: DH diagnosed with varicocele and low morphology 1-2% to all!

11 years ago • Post starter

Haven't heard from you ladies in a few days! Must be busy BDing or testing!!!

How is everyone?

My inlays and I are getting better, they used to really not like me much at all. So maybe a child will really change it, but I fear that they will just tell me I am doing it wrong.. But I will just wait and see on that.

We went to a wedding last night with tons of family we have not seen in a while. We got a lot of pressure from people asking when we were going to have a baby. I played it off like DH and I have a ton of time and we are in no rush.. But I just wanted to scream "we are trying!!" Lol. Oh well it will happen when it is supposed to.

I did find some alone time on Thursday and tested and obviously it was an bfn. I don't know why I even tested it really was too early and I said I was not going to test till Monday. This is only the second time I have actually tested while on my journey, and I felt like my eyes were playing tricks and thought I saw a faint line at a specific angle.. But I really think that it is more wishful thinking instead.

How are you Jazzy?did you o for sure yet? I fear that my mother inlaw will go in my bathroom and see the vitamins also. I do not know what I would do if they found out.. I am sorry you have to go thru this with at pressure! Are they supportive?

11 years ago

No they are dreadful Lol. They don't like me much, because we live in another province and they think he would live closer if it weren't for me. I too have hoped that a baby would change all that though. But we shall see...
I think usually when there is inlaw issues it is a jealousy and control issue. They feel like they are losing their little boy to someone else!

I have not O'd yet! I think the soy isoflavones really screwed me up this cycle! I have been gearing up to O for a WEEK! High/soft/open cervix, fertile cm, O pain, etc. but no positive opk or clear temperature shift! I am cd 19 and have not taken an opk yet today, but will this afternoon. I should have O'd days ago and I am really hoping I will just O late. I have never had an annovulatory cycle and I don't want to experience that. I hope that if I did mess things up, it will all go back to normal next cycle.

The lesson? If your cycles are already normal, do not try to fix them with soy! If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

If you tested early, try not to get discouraged! Wait a few more days if you can before testing again! My fingers are crossed for you!

Holly, are those lines getting darker?

Hi Jazzy and ladies

I'm 29 yrs old...and have been married for 3 yrs. I've never had a Child or a pregnancy for that matter and have been ttc for about 2 yrs. I had a HSG on Aug and found out both my tubes were blocked. The doctor was able to unblock one tube. I was told that i only need one to get preg anyways. My gyn still recommend ivf but i really want to try and give this a shot naturally...plus i don't have ivf money..lol.

I really enjoyed reading all you ladies posting and glad that I'm not alone on all of this. I don't want to say I'm a control freak but i do obsess a little too much for comfort. It drives me crazy. I am currently 10 DPO. Af is due on oct 19. My cycle is 44 days.Very irregular!

I wish everyone lots of luck and baby dust!!!

Norl

User Image

11 years ago

Welcome!
I am sorry about your tubes! Do they know what caused the blockage? You can definately get PG with one tube! Might take a little more time though. Is there still a risk of an ectopic? Hopefully they will carefully monitor for that when you get your !
It makes me angry that insurance does not cover IVF. Insurance fees cover other women for their pregnancies, birth, etc. it covers smokers who get lung cancer. Why shouldn't it cover people who have a fertility problem? It is still a medical problem! It's not right. I know Quebec started covering it and the system is actually SAVING money, because they will only inject one embryo at a time. With less multiple births, they are saving lots of money, since multiple births can lead to costly medical problems. Sorry... Rant over. I just feel for couples who can't get the treatment they need without going into unreasonable amounts of debt!
So 10 dpo? Are you going to try testing soon or wait until AF is due?
Good luck!

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo