Community post

Discussion

September 2014 IUI/IVF

View Full Post

For those doing IUI or in process of IVF this month

206 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

91 - 100 of 206 Replies | Last Page

Tubal I applied for a program called Compassionate Care. I couldn't believe we got approved! You totally should do a video documentary. We've kinda been doing little videos about our journey too. After a while you'll get comfortable and it'll be fun. Crying in the bathroom because of a shot, oh yes, I know the feeling! Someday we will laugh about it and it'll all be part of a beautiful birth story.

So today I had a fluid ultrasound. Turns out I have a polyp and will need a hysteroscopy to have it removed. Anyone have this before? Know what to expect? So everything will be delayed by another month now. I'm handling the setback surprisingly well. I asked my RE if that was maybe why the IUIs didn't work (one was a chemical), and he said possibly.

Basia how are things in IUI land?

9 years ago

believe_ a hysteroscopy is a pretty quick procedure. they use a scope to look inside your uterus and will be able to remove any polyps. polyps are apparently common with people struggling with infertility but removal of them can make a big difference, so i am told. you will be put to sleep for the procedure because they have to dilate your cervix a little to pass the scope and no one want to be even partially awake for that, trust me. and then afterwards you might experience some cramping and a small amount of bleeding, like a light period.l i don't know if you normally get craps with a period, i rarely do so the cramps after this were worse than i expected but not unbearable. good luck!

ttc since August 2012 diagnosed with PCOS January 2013 failed IVF with 2 embryos May 2014 FET with 3 embryos August 2014, Successful!! confirmed ectopic on 9/24/14 taking a break from ttc and pursuing adoption homestudy ready 1/8/15, waiting for the call that will make us a family!

9 years ago

Tubal - so far I have been doing blood work every morning. No LH surge yet. Waiting patiently for it :)
I did ultrasound again on Monday and my follicle was 15mm.
How r u doing today? Anything new to report?

Me: 31 DH: 32 TTC #1 September 2014: 1st IUI - BFN October 2014: 2nd IUI - BFN December 2014: laparoscopy and hysteroscopy - RE removed endometriosis and septum in the uterus. January 2015: 3rd IUI - BFN March 2015 - 1st IVF - we transferred 1 embryo and froze 1embryo - chemical June 2015 - 2nd IVF - we transferred 2 embryos and froze 2 embryos - User Image

9 years ago

HCG is 101 today!! not quite a 48 hr doubling time..according to the doubling time calculator it is about 68 hours, but with levels under 1200 31-72 hours is a normal doubling time i guess.

ttc since August 2012 diagnosed with PCOS January 2013 failed IVF with 2 embryos May 2014 FET with 3 embryos August 2014, Successful!! confirmed ectopic on 9/24/14 taking a break from ttc and pursuing adoption homestudy ready 1/8/15, waiting for the call that will make us a family!

9 years ago

Tubal I feel for you, I think the secret with injections is to pull them out slowly. My first clinic was rubbish at teaching women how to give themselves injections.

Bassia once you know what day you ovulate on it will be a bit easier, my ovulation day seems to be normally day 11/12 pretty early apparently. I skipped a blood test deliberately (to get out of the owch) I knew the next one for me would be closer and it was spot on. Apparently the longer your cycle the later the ovulation day.

8dpiui and no syptoms, did have a minor twinge yesterday and a bit of a warm feeling uterus in the morning. Can only keep my fingers crossed. My Aunt and my cousin want me to start testing early . I don't know if I want to yet

9 years ago

Thanks for support girls.

I am getting IUI done today. Please keep your fingers crossed for me.

Me: 31 DH: 32 TTC #1 September 2014: 1st IUI - BFN October 2014: 2nd IUI - BFN December 2014: laparoscopy and hysteroscopy - RE removed endometriosis and septum in the uterus. January 2015: 3rd IUI - BFN March 2015 - 1st IVF - we transferred 1 embryo and froze 1embryo - chemical June 2015 - 2nd IVF - we transferred 2 embryos and froze 2 embryos - User Image

9 years ago

Goodluck Basia, it is an easy process - make sure you relax afterward :)

9 years ago

Looks like a lot has happened.

SMC: CONGRATS! So excited for you!

Basia: Glad you got to finally do the IUI!

Tubal: I was super scared of the injections but didn't really find them to be that bad. Although all of mine were subcutaneous (short needle under the skin). I think intramuscular are supposed to be much more painful. At least in my mind a bigger needle=more pain. My doctor sent me to this page: http://www.freedommedteach.com/eng/ They have tons of video tutorials on how to inject the different meds. Even though she show us how to do it, it really helped me to watch it has I did it the first few times. Hope they get easier!

AFM: Day 13 of stims and happy to say it is finally my last day of stims! Had an ultrasound this morning and I have 17 follicles above 12mm and one is even 27mm! My estrogen level is also pretty high so I really hope I don't end up with OHSS. They might have to cancel and do an all freeze cycle if it looks like I will likely develop OHSS. So I trigger tonight and go in Saturday morning bright and early for the retrieval.

Hope everyone else is doing well!

9 years ago

Thorn - that is awesome. 12 follicles... Wow :)

9 years ago

Haha thanks. I feel like an overloaded fruit tree. I am so glad that you didn't miss ovulation and the IUI got done. Now for the awful 2ww. Sending good thoughts your way!

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo