Community post

Discussion

September 2014 IUI/IVF

View Full Post

For those doing IUI or in process of IVF this month

206 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

121 - 130 of 206 Replies | Last Page

thorntoj86, best wishes with transfer! My RE usually schedules 3-day transfers if there are less than 5 embryos.

opalfoxy, crossing my fingers for a BFP for you!!

jojogo, as far as diet and exercise, before retrieval, I'd avoid questionable deli meats (salmonella can stay in your system for up to 2 weeks and can lead to miscarriage). After transfer, avoid alcohol, caffeine (if you can, some say some caffeine is fine, but it's not implantation friendly so I'd say skip it). If you're at risk for OHSS (typically if your E2 is over 3000 at trigger and you used an hcg trigger), you may want to try upping protein and salt - not sure it helps with fluid retention, but there's some anecdotal evidence that it does.

As far as sex, my RE says that the last day for sex should be the day before trigger - but how you know what that will be exactly is tough. After retrieval, they told me to abstain for 5 days due to risk of infection. They used to also tell patients no orgasm for 2 weeks, but they've dropped that (which is good, since the high levels of hormones usually make my body do that in my sleep! NB: got pregnant both times that happened, so obviously not a deterrent). For exercise, you want to avoid any high impact or twisting exercises because of the risk of ovarian torsion - my RE says starting from when you begin stim through beta since the ovaries can stay enlarged for quite a bit.

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

9 years ago

As for me, I need some advice (or just people chiming in to help me make a decision). I'm on CD15. My opks were getting darker as of Thursday, Friday morning it was nearly positive, Friday we went to the ball game and drank copious amounts of beer and my urine was too diluted to get an accurate test Friday night, Saturday morning it was still nearly positive and has been absolutely negative since then. I think, however, that I just missed testing when I would have gotten a positive and that I actually ovulated on Friday or Saturday morning according to CM. We didn't have sexy times Wednesday, Thursday or Friday. We did on Saturday night, but if I ovulated Friday, that is probably too late. Now here comes the question. I have a short luteal phase, so I generally do crinone from 2 days after ovulation through 14dpo when I test. But I only have 1 crinone left, so I would have to refill my prescription. We haven't met our ridiculous $3,600 deductible yet, so I'll have to pay out of pocket for it, which is $400. Considering the timing, should I bother? Or should I just assume this month is a bust, save my pennies and put my hopes in next month?

Ugh, TTC is such a pain in the butt!

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

9 years ago

Thanks essemkay. Did you guys BD Wednesday? Although I thought even BDing the day after ovulation was ok. Plus if the ovulation test didn't pick up the surge until Friday it could've happened on Saturday. I guess the biggest question is whether there is $400 to spare. If so, I would get it just in case. However if your financial situation would be tough without the $400 I would wait until next month. Wow..a $3600 deductible! Unless you are on a ton of meds/having expensive procedures how do people even reach that amount?

9 years ago

Nope - no sex on Wednesday. And I didn't get any last night, either.

The egg can live for up to 24 hours after ovulation - but that's pushing the maximum lifespan limit. And since I'm old with ancient eggs, mine probably die off more quickly.

I know. Our deductible is insane. We will meet it probably by the end of the year just with various doctor's/eye/ear/gyno, etc. appointments and regular prescriptions. And we have no fertility coverage, so none of the meds or monitoring or IUIs or IVFs were ever covered at all.

For some reason, my insurance DOES cover crinone (but not prometrium or endometrin or PIO), but I still have to meet the deductible first.

9 years ago

Essemkay, I think I would leave it. If you had bd more before Saturday I wouldn't say that.

I'm having a blood test today, nervous, no results for about 8 hours.

9 years ago

I agree with Opal. I think if there was more than one night of BD you might consider getting it, but if it was just once you might consider letting it go this month.

Good luck Opal!

9 years ago

essemkay - I agree with the girls.

So I finally got a plan for the next month. My RE will be sending me more info in the mail about it. Basically I will be giving myself injections instead of Clomid (everyday starting with CD#2 - not sure for how many days) and will be closely monitored by bloodwork and ultrasound. And finally I will give myself a trigger shot when then tell me to.

Me: 31 DH: 32 TTC #1 September 2014: 1st IUI - BFN October 2014: 2nd IUI - BFN December 2014: laparoscopy and hysteroscopy - RE removed endometriosis and septum in the uterus. January 2015: 3rd IUI - BFN March 2015 - 1st IVF - we transferred 1 embryo and froze 1embryo - chemical June 2015 - 2nd IVF - we transferred 2 embryos and froze 2 embryos - User Image

9 years ago

thorn_ i have. it was 245 on Friday and 705 on Monday! they scheduled my ultrasound for Wednesday. i guess they are confident it will be 1300 by then.

I have been reading the posts but trying to not post about everything about my new pregnancy. i don't want to hurt anyone's feelings, i know how it feels when other people just go on and on about it while others are still struggling with ttc.

ttc since August 2012 diagnosed with PCOS January 2013 failed IVF with 2 embryos May 2014 FET with 3 embryos August 2014, Successful!! confirmed ectopic on 9/24/14 taking a break from ttc and pursuing adoption homestudy ready 1/8/15, waiting for the call that will make us a family!

9 years ago

SMC - we are happy to see that you are doing well and that there is hope for us.
There is a difference when somebody comes to the forum and tries for a month (all natural) and brags that they got pregnant on the first try.
You went through a lot and feel free to update us on everything :) We are happy for you girl !

Me: 31 DH: 32 TTC #1 September 2014: 1st IUI - BFN October 2014: 2nd IUI - BFN December 2014: laparoscopy and hysteroscopy - RE removed endometriosis and septum in the uterus. January 2015: 3rd IUI - BFN March 2015 - 1st IVF - we transferred 1 embryo and froze 1embryo - chemical June 2015 - 2nd IVF - we transferred 2 embryos and froze 2 embryos - User Image

9 years ago

SMC - I totally agree with Basia. I'm really excited for you! You have been through a lot and your story gives me hope. It is irritating when people brag about getting pregnant on their first try, unassisted. But you have been down a long treacherous road, so I think it is ok to update. I don't really consider it bragging. Hope the ultrasound goes well!

Basia - That sounds like a good plan! Hopefully you won't end up needing it, but at least there is another plan. Trigger is probably a good idea since last time it seemed confusing when ovulation actually was going to occur.

Tubal - do you get to take the trigger today? How are you feeling?

AFM - off to my 3day transfer shortly. The doctor said yesterday 3 were good quality. 1 was lagging. Might not have any to freeze, but at least there is one to transfer.

Hope everyone has a great day!

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo