Community post

Discussion

September 2014 IUI/IVF

View Full Post

For those doing IUI or in process of IVF this month

206 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

111 - 120 of 206 Replies | Last Page

Really glad to be able to hear your stories unfolding. Praying that things go well in the next couple of weeks for all of you.

I have started stimming and just psychologically preparing for what is ahead in the next wee while. My thoughts are often turning to the egg retrieval part - I SO hope I am growing lots of little healthy eggs! I have booked a couple of days off work for the retrieval and recovery and have a couple of box sets ready to go.

I find that the medical staff here aren't very keen to advise too much about diet/exercise etc - I have heard that right now on the run up to egg collection heat and protein is important, and I am eating plenty of beans and bright coloured veg, drinking lots of water and using a hot water bottle in the evening for a while.

I have heard conflicting reports about what I should be doing post-collection though. I understand definitely no direct heat being applied but what about exercise? Is it better to be lying down and taking it easy or should I be trying to move around a bit? When I ask questions like this it amazes me how some people get pregnant without a second thought, and it can be so hard for others. I want to know, no matter what the outcome, that I did everything I could. Hubby has moderated his diet and alcohol intake and is getting some moderate exercise too.

On another note, when 'should' we BD and when should we stop (I know they give a window but I can't remember what we were told)?

Thanks!

9 years ago

Good luck Basia! Fx for you!

Huge congrats to smc, fab news honey!

Tomorrow is official test day for me, but I caved and did a home test this morning so pretty sure this iui didn't work.
Was feeling lots of rumbling and cramping around 10dpo but other than feeling a bit like AF is on the way feel nothing now.
The crinone discharge had some black in it today too, so I think my journey is over this month. Will check in to see how the rest if you get on.

Good luck ladies, hope it's your time! Xxx

9 years ago

Hi Ladies,

Jojogo: As for exercise after ER they didn't really tell me either way. But I have to say I haven't felt well enough to exercise yet. I think in general high impact exercise isn't a good idea before ER, after, or even post transfer for a little bit. Walking is fine. They told me some weights are ok but to avoid abs or anything that involves a lot of twisting. Before ER I guess the concern is flipping a heavy ovary. After ER I think they are still slightly swollen so maybe that's still a concern but that is just a guess. Best to ask your doctor or nurse what's ok. I wasn't really told anything about BD but near the end of stims I wasn't much in the mood and didn't want to do anything.

Basia: how are you doing?

SMC: have you had another beta?

Opal: sounds like you are close to testing, yay!

AFM: Well out of 24 collected 17 were mature and 4 fertilized. 4. Disappointment is an understatement. I guess I will hear tomorrow whether the plan is a 3 day transfer or a 5 day transfer. On the plus side at least the pain has mostly subsided.

9 years ago

jojogo, Hey I just asked the doc all the same questions so I can tell you what he told me: As far as diet and exercise before I was told drink LOTS of water and get LOTS of exercise. Eat healthy was the gist of it. As far as intercourse before the doc told me at least 5 days before the ER, but make sure there are at least 3 days of abstinence prior to DH leaving a sample for the fertilizing portion. The paper work says only Tylenol for pain, nothing else. light exercise when you feel ready, don't eat or drink too much for the bloating feeling might become painful and no intercourse for at least 3 days after. Hope this helps!
thorntoj86, man only 4? I'm sorry sweetie.. did they tell you why? was DH's sample not good? Oh this made my heart drop... but it only takes one.. you still got this.. deep breaths and no stress okay? I hope that all 4 are perfect little embryos and you get them to blast stage.. fxed for you and lots of prayers your way!
AFM have another scan tomorrow and blood draw. Should find out if we're doing trigger tomorrow night or Tuesday! I'm hoping Tuesday just so hubby gets one more day of hunting in, but honestly... the pressure and cramps are about to make me cry.. so really hoping sooner than later... will check in tomorrow... hope the rest of you are doing well... been too long since we've heard from a couple of you.. hope all is well.

9 years ago

Hi ladies checking back in. I am taking off a little then 're trying. Still watching and praying for y'all.

9 years ago

Hi Texas, good to see you are still here :)

Thornto, I would be excited to get four fertilising. I hope they all get through. You never know

Jojo, I think they mean no sweaty exhausting exercise, this is why walking is much better. No warm/hot baths either, that can wreck your chances even trying naturally. Water and the odd glass of full fat cream milk.

13dpiui, test day is tommorow - my right had side ovary felt painful today but it has stopped (cyst maybe?). A little bit of nip pain to, I mean what is that. I didn't feel faint today, which is good, ate an extra handful of nuts.

I'm too scared to test!

9 years ago

hey girls :)
Today I am at 3dpo and 4dpIUI
I ovulated a bit later than I though I would but oh well :)
I am trying to not obsess as much as I did last cycle and the RE has already a new plan for the next month just in case this one does not work.
I will find out the exact plan for me today - they need to check something with my insurance :)

how is everybody doing?

Thorn - when is the transfer? Did you find out?

Me: 31 DH: 32 TTC #1 September 2014: 1st IUI - BFN October 2014: 2nd IUI - BFN December 2014: laparoscopy and hysteroscopy - RE removed endometriosis and septum in the uterus. January 2015: 3rd IUI - BFN March 2015 - 1st IVF - we transferred 1 embryo and froze 1embryo - chemical June 2015 - 2nd IVF - we transferred 2 embryos and froze 2 embryos - User Image

9 years ago

Tubal: DH's sample is never good. We are struggling with severe MFI. I don't think the fertilization rates with ICSI are supposed to be this low. Even without ICSI I'm not sure if they are usually that low. I guess it could also be egg quality but they didn't really give any reasons for it the low fertilization rate. Anyways so exciting you get to likely trigger Tuesday! yay!

I guess that I shouldn't complain about 4 - I guess my concern is that if only 4/17 fertilized I will likely lose more and I'm worried by the time the day of transfer comes around I won't have any left. I know I should worry, but I can't help it.

9 years ago

Well just got a call that tomorrow is going to be the transfer day. The 4 are still growing. They felt that a 3-day transfer would be better than a 5 day transfer.

Basia - at least you got the IUI before ovulation. It is really hard to not obsess, but best of luck to you! Let us know what the next plan is!

9 years ago

Thorn - that is so exciting :)
Good luck tomorrow. I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

Me: 31 DH: 32 TTC #1 September 2014: 1st IUI - BFN October 2014: 2nd IUI - BFN December 2014: laparoscopy and hysteroscopy - RE removed endometriosis and septum in the uterus. January 2015: 3rd IUI - BFN March 2015 - 1st IVF - we transferred 1 embryo and froze 1embryo - chemical June 2015 - 2nd IVF - we transferred 2 embryos and froze 2 embryos - User Image

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo