Community post

Discussion

September 2014 IUI/IVF

View Full Post

For those doing IUI or in process of IVF this month

206 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

101 - 110 of 206 Replies | Last Page

Hey, Ladies,

Quick question for those of you taking progesterone. I finally got a test back showing my entire cycle. My estrogen levels are great and highly possible I'm releasing an egg and even conceiving. My progesterone is extremely low and my testosterone is too high. So, doc gave me drugs. She mentioned in our apt that the progesterone would be drops under my tongue. All the instructions say is to apply 2-5 drops but doesn't say where. I even went to the maker's website and another woman asked if it was okay to apply under the tongue but there was no response. Has anyone taken ProgonB-L 4x??

9 years ago • Post starter

Red, sorry hun I have never even taken Progesterone.. wish I could help, this will be the first time for me... I'm so happy to hear maybe they have narrowed down the issues though, and there is a good chance this will do the trick for you! I'm praying for you lady!
thorntoj86, WOWEEE 17 follicles? That sounds amazing and painful, and wow lol So excited for you! I am on day 5 of Stims, and wish I could fast forward and be where you are now! Good luck and please get back on here when you are feeling well and tell me every detail! btw: Did you have cramps starting about day 4-5 with the stim meds? headaches? Thanks for the tips on the shots.. found out if I just suck it up and do it, and don't let myself get into my head they arn't THAT bad.. they burn a little, and I wish there was not so much fluid to push in, but I got a little reality check that I was just being a big wuss from my 8 year old LOL
Basia! finally! really hope this is your cycle girly! we already had 1 bfp in September, so it's already heading in a very very good direction! ;)
opalfoxy, test when you feel okay with it, I usually can't keep myself from doing it, but you've got to be the one that makes that decision.. I am sure your fam is just super excited for you... dying to hear about it when you finally do though! ;-)
SMC, wow, that all sounds super good! how long until you find out how many??? when is your next beta test? fxed for you!
Believe, I didn't even think to apply for anything... wish I had, but that's awesome your getting help with yours! Sorry you are getting delayed, but good job handling it, I can't say I would handle it very well at all....

AFM started in with headaches and cramps late yesterday and all day today.. hoping this is not the beginning of the rest of this cycle of stims.. curious if any of you can tell me the average day of stims before they take eggs? What about how painful it gets once it's time to have them out? Scan and blood work Saturday... Thinking we will get an idea on how many are growing? Do you get to find this out at the first scan??? IDK... so exciting and nerve racking too! My doc said for someone my age he likes to see between 15 &30.. hoping for no more than 20 lol

9 years ago

Thornto, they say to eat protein if you feel OHSS and it wil help you feel less sick. I felt a bit odd this cycle and ate extra chicken, it seemed to work. I hope you don't get it, you need to tell your doctor straight away if you do.

10 dpiui today, it is raining and cold so I didn't cave in and buy a test

9 years ago

Hi Ladies,

Red - sorry I can't help, I have never taken progesterone. Not that it's good your progresterone is low and testosterone is high, but at least you now have something you can work on that will hopefully do the trick!

Tubal: Yeah, my ovaries feel very full. Not really painful, just sort of uncomfortable - especially if I have a full bladder. I did have some cramping but I don't remember what day that was - could've been day 4 or 5. I also had a constant hild headache for the first few days but that sort of went a way later on (or I just got used to it). As for the shots, you should also make sure you inject really slowly, especially if there is a lot of fluid in the syringe. I would do it slow and take mini breaks (leaving the syringe in - otherwise you should use a new syringe for each new injection to avoid a dull and painful needle). That way the fluid has time to be absorbed a little bit and would hopefully not be so bad. If you are refrigerating the liquid it might be better to let it warm up a little bit before injection. I found that the ganirelix sort of burned/itched afterwards. Not sure if you have plans to take it, but that was my experience. I'm sure your 8 year old would be singing a different tune if it was them receiving shots ;-) Hope your scan goes well. I was slightly disappointed at the first one because I only had a couple measurable ones, but they grew big really quickly. So even if the first scan is somewhat disappointing, don't let it get to you too much. My nurse would tell me, but my doc also puts everything online for me to look at so later in the day I would get to see my ultrasound and blood work results. They told me that stims are usually 11-13 days and I stimmed for 13. I think it really depends on how you respond.

Opal: I haven't felt any symptoms of OHSS and haven't gained any weight (even lost a pound). I will definitely contact my doctor straight away if I do. I was really only concerned about it because my estrogen levels seemed really high. But thanks for the advice! I will eat more protein if I develop symptoms. Getting close to testing! 10dpiui is still a little early, isn't it? With IUI is testing sort of the same timeline as an unassisted cycle?

AFM: Took my luprolide trigger last night. We have to be there tomorrow morning at 7am for the retrieval. Of course DH was complaining about it being so early, but I told him to suck it up.

Sending good thoughts toward everyone else!

9 years ago

Thornto, yes the clinic does a blood pregnancy test on 14dpiui. I could test earlier as they haven't given me any drugs but Femara, so no trigger to wait out.

11dpiui, I felt light headed today (I normally never get light headed) and I'm tired. I've been eating just incase it is low bloodsugar. Oddly I had my blood pressure checked yesterday and it was normal.

9 years ago

So, today I opened a bill from the lab back when they took blood (pregnancy test) on May 30. They are charging me $150 for an "HCG Reflex to Progesterone". I have no idea what that means and am again annoyed that nothing is being discussed with me. What is this test? What are the results? Why am I just now getting a bill for $150??? Ugh!

9 years ago • Post starter

I had to deal with something similar to that Red.. I paid everything in cash up front for our IUI's and yet they still tried to then bill hubs for the SA.. fought with them for 2 months over it before they removed the charge. I would call them and give em a piece of your mind.. might not do anything, but it's worth a shot, especially if you don't know what it's for!

AFM!! I had an awesome scan today! I have 12 follicles on my left ovary size 9-11, and 16 on my right side same size!! doc says there are prob more that we either can't see or ones he didn't count due to size. Today makes day 7 of stims.. he thinks I'll have them all size 16-18 and above by Monday or Tuesday and will be doing my trigger!! Can wait to get these eggs out and fertilizing! ;) I'm so amazed how well everything is going... still waiting for something to go wrong....

9 years ago

Hi All,

Tubal: those number are awesome! Holy cow - 16 follicles on one ovary...that's gonna feel good on Monday. So exciting!

Red - that sucks about the bill. Like tubal said you should definitely call and ask them about it. If you paid for everything up front they shouldn't charge you and need to explain what it is. My husband got a bill from a doctor for a test they didn't even do. Insurance wouldn't pay for it because it didn't make sense so he had to call. Apparently sometimes they enter the wrong codes or send things to the wrong person. Need to get that straightened out.

AFM - had my retrieval this morning. I was pretty uncomfortable before the procedure. They got 24 eggs and I will find out tomorrow how they are doing. I'm actually in quite a bit of pain. Unless I sit still or am laying down I am in pain. Walking is sort of difficult. I don't have any other symptoms that would lead me to believe it is OHSS. They did say it would be uncomfortable but I guess I wasn't expecting the pain. I'll have to talk to the nurse when they call tomorrow.

9 years ago

thorntoj86, wow 17 to 24! I'm so excited for you! you should know how many fertilized tomorrow right? Hopefully you feel much better tomorrow! I am worried about how many eggs I have to be honest.. Just sent hubby off to go hunting.. plan on lots of sleep!! Check in let us know how your doing tomorrow and how those eggs are doing!! :)

9 years ago

thorntoj86, wow 17 to 24! I'm so excited for you! you should know how many fertilized tomorrow right? Hopefully you feel much better tomorrow! I am worried about how many eggs I have to be honest.. Just sent hubby off to go hunting.. plan on lots of sleep!! Check in let us know how your doing tomorrow and how those eggs are doing!! :)

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo