Community post

Discussion

September 2014 IUI/IVF

View Full Post

For those doing IUI or in process of IVF this month

206 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

31 - 40 of 206 Replies | Last Page

Welcome to the other new people. Sounds like a couple of us are all on our first IVF - hopefully it all works out for us.

rbalani - sounds like we are kind of similar. This is my first IVF/ICSI and I also have PCOS. Because of my husband's issue we skipped clomid and IUI and went straight to IVF. Looks like we will be on similar meds. I start the Gonal-F tonight and will be on it for 3 days, then have to get bloodwork and will get further instruction. Probably will continue the gonal-f for several days. Then a little later (I think they said day 5) I will start granilex and then around 11-13 days I will have the luprilide trigger. I received my meds yesterday and it seems like they gave me more meds than they have told me to take. A couple of them say that I need to bring them the day of ET. I also got the estradiol and crinone cream which I think starts after the transfer. I'm not sure how PCOS affects egg quality, but apparently we are supposed to be good responders to the stims, but are also at an increased chance of OHSS. My AMH level was really high so I think that's why I'm only on gonal-F. I read that women with PCOS tend to have high AMH levels. Since is my first try, can't really give any success stories, but at least we can go through this together!

tubal - They haven't put me on baby aspirin, but it does seem like a lot of people are on them. My doc put me on prenatal vitamins and omega-3 a couple months before we got to this point. So i've been taking them for several months. It seems like everyone is told different things. I've heard for unassisted TTC you should start prenatals 2 months before trying, but not sure if that is the same for IVF/IUI. Chances are you will be fine but if it would make you feel better you could get a prenatal. I'm wondering if I should be taking vitamin D. Living in the northeast and having an office job kind of makes my time in the sun sort of limited. I think the prenatals have vitamin B, but maybe not as much as the vitamins with B6-12 only. Maybe others can help answer that.

SMC - sending good thoughts your way for testing.

Red - hopefully IUI will work and you this time!

essemkay - good luck!

AFM - got AF yesterday and today I start meds. Kind of nervous. I used to have to give my dog insulin shots, but have never had to give myself injections. eeep!

9 years ago

I'm on cycle day 10, I start blood testing for my O on monday.

Just some thoughts for everyone about Vitamin D. I have been reading up on it. You have to take Vitamin D3 not anything labeled just vitamin D. It is a good idea to have you vitamin D3 tested to see if it is low and also to get it into the normal range for conception.

Having the correct Vitamin D3 level is helpful for conception anytime, during IVF included. There is also a correlation between AMH and Vitamin D3, some ladies actually have an increase in their AMH when their levels are correct.

In PCOs type systems it may help develop sounder eggs from less antral follicles. PCOs types systems can have to many antral follicles to start with producing poorer eggs.

There is also a correlation of Vitamin D3 levels and miscarriage. There is also a correlation with high Vitamin D3 levels in summer and women getting pregnant. (Less pregnancies in winter!)

So all in all, I think it is a very good supplement to take. Personally I have been taking it and I feel really good (it is supposed to help with depression also).

9 years ago

Welcome to new girls that are doing IUIs or IVFs :) It is great to meet other people that are in the same boat as I am. First time IUI this month :) hell yeahhhhhhh

Thank you for sharing your stories about IVFs or IUIs with us. I really appreciate when I can read a bit about IUI or IVF. I know what to expect :)

Today I am on my CD#5 and been taking Clomid for 2 days - today will be the 3rd pill. So far so good. I can feel the pill in the evenings when I take it but I don't have horrible side effects :)

Just got new OPKs that my Dr told me to get. they show progression in LH ... they will tell me if my fertility is Low, High or at Peak :) A bit more expensive than what I had before.

Me: 31 DH: 32 TTC #1 September 2014: 1st IUI - BFN October 2014: 2nd IUI - BFN December 2014: laparoscopy and hysteroscopy - RE removed endometriosis and septum in the uterus. January 2015: 3rd IUI - BFN March 2015 - 1st IVF - we transferred 1 embryo and froze 1embryo - chemical June 2015 - 2nd IVF - we transferred 2 embryos and froze 2 embryos - User Image

9 years ago

So add to my misery my sister in law announced today she is pregnant but "oh but dont worry because everything happens for a reason, and it will be my turn maybe someday. " i wanted to slap her so hard.

9 years ago

Texas.. I'm sorry... My Brother and his wife announced they were pregnant the end of July to me (the day after their first bfp), and my brother was like "hurry up already would you".. I know how much that can hurt, and you wonder how they can be so insensitive... but it is them being naive too I think to the pain they are causing..
Basia, hows the clomid coming? still okay with the side effects? I never got a positive opk after taking it, and i started bleeding/spotting around the day I thought I would ovulate (this is rare according to my RE.), so I never took it again, but I know lots of girls that have success with it.
Opalfoxy, Thanks for the info on D3.. Is D3 in most prenatals? I think I will go get one to take, will be less pills... and hopefully have more supplements my body needs than what i'm doing now.
thorntoj86, i'm excited to have other to share my journey with also... Thanks with the info. on what your doc has instructed.. I'm sure it will be fine.. but I don't want to walk away when this is all done not doing everything I can to make it happen...
Tomorrow is my last bcp.. then my supression checkup on Thursday! I'm not looking forward to an internal US while I am prob. going to be dealing with AF, but it's what it is... one week from today I get to start all my other injections... weird I am excited to ADD shots... but just means we're that much closer! ;) Anyone ever had their Lupron shots make then spot? I started spotting the day after my first shot... would that just be due to it affecting my hormones? I started spotting the first couple weeks of my bcp also... I am sure it's nothing... they just didn't mention anything about side effects....

9 years ago

Thanks I am sorry for you too.

9 years ago

Tubalrevsalttc30 - I am doing good with clomid. Today is the last day.
I had to go to baby shower yesterday... A family member that I just don't like that much put her hand on my stomach and asked me when and if I am going to have a kid. I almost slapped that *****.
I think people don't think before they do or say something. Basically they don't have issues with getting pregnant so they assume everybody is in the sa.e boat.

I am glad that baby shower is over. It is just not that was to sit there and smile and have to listen "your turn".

Me: 31 DH: 32 TTC #1 September 2014: 1st IUI - BFN October 2014: 2nd IUI - BFN December 2014: laparoscopy and hysteroscopy - RE removed endometriosis and septum in the uterus. January 2015: 3rd IUI - BFN March 2015 - 1st IVF - we transferred 1 embryo and froze 1embryo - chemical June 2015 - 2nd IVF - we transferred 2 embryos and froze 2 embryos - User Image

9 years ago

tubal_ the meds cost almost 3000 with the fresh IVF but my nurse from some samples that cut the cost down closer to 2000 for me. thank goodness. for the FET they only cost about 500. the whole FET including beds cost less than 2000. obviously the fresh IVF with ICSI cost a lot more than that but worth it to freeze the embryos.

BFN today but like i said i am still only 5 days past....I just hope it turns positive, if it is going to, before my blood test on Monday.

ttc since August 2012 diagnosed with PCOS January 2013 failed IVF with 2 embryos May 2014 FET with 3 embryos August 2014, Successful!! confirmed ectopic on 9/24/14 taking a break from ttc and pursuing adoption homestudy ready 1/8/15, waiting for the call that will make us a family!

9 years ago

SMC - fingers crossed that in few days you will get your BFP :)
Damn those drugs are expensive !!!

9 years ago

*sigh* AF has reared her ugly head. Boo.

Good luck to the new IVFers!

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo