Community post

Discussion

September 2014 IUI/IVF

View Full Post

For those doing IUI or in process of IVF this month

206 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

61 - 70 of 206 Replies | Last Page

SMC - Awesome :)

Me: 31 DH: 32 TTC #1 September 2014: 1st IUI - BFN October 2014: 2nd IUI - BFN December 2014: laparoscopy and hysteroscopy - RE removed endometriosis and septum in the uterus. January 2015: 3rd IUI - BFN March 2015 - 1st IVF - we transferred 1 embryo and froze 1embryo - chemical June 2015 - 2nd IVF - we transferred 2 embryos and froze 2 embryos - User Image

9 years ago

Tubal, why don't you ask your RE to test your vit D? He did mine and it was so low I'm on 4000 IUs a day. And I live in Cali.

SMC did you ask for 3 embryos or did the RE suggest it? Mine won't do more than 2. I wonder if that's common...for drs not to do more than 2...

9 years ago

Believe_ I asked for 3. We only had 3 frozen and I didn't want to just leave one frozen and not sure what to do with it. They had me sign a waiver about the risks of multiples and what not.

ttc since August 2012 diagnosed with PCOS January 2013 failed IVF with 2 embryos May 2014 FET with 3 embryos August 2014, Successful!! confirmed ectopic on 9/24/14 taking a break from ttc and pursuing adoption homestudy ready 1/8/15, waiting for the call that will make us a family!

9 years ago

Hi All,

SMC - when is your beta? That's so exciting that there are two lines! Hope you have fun at the wedding this weekend. Good luck keeping in the excitement.

Tubal - when are you supposed to start the stims? How'd the suppression check go?

Welcome highspirits, best of luck on your first IUI!

AFM: I did end up checking my prenatals to see if they had vitamin D. It does have D3 at 600iu. Not a high dose, but at least it is the right kind of vitamin D. It also had B6 and B12, though I can't remember how much of those was in it. I want to talk to the nurse or doctor before adding any supplements on my own.

Just had my first follicle count. I had two 12mm on each ovary with several other smaller ones growing on each. I guess that's good. Now I have to wait for the nurse to call and tell me what the next steps are. My lower abdomen is starting to feel more pressure, but honestly can't tell if it is the ovaries or gas lol. I think it probably is the former, but not 100% on that. Injections are still going alright, I'm really thankful it is only subQ injections.

Hope everyone's cycles are going well and everyone has a fantastic weekend!

9 years ago

Hey girls. I need to vent so here it is:
Today - CD #11.
I took Clomid CD3-7. and took my first OPK test on CD9. IT was negative. Yesterday (CD10) I took another OPK test - Clearblue Advanced Digital OPK test and it came positive.
BUT when I took out the test strip from the holder it was clearly not positive. I managed to make myself pee a bit more into a cup and took 2 different tests and they both came negative.
So at that point I was super frustrated and went to pharmacy to get additional tests.
I took those tests 2 hours after (but my pee was diluted from drinking fluids). and they came negative.
This morning I tested and everything came out to be negative.
The one thing I am confused about is that in the evening the tests were "negative" but very close in color but later on at night and this morning they were clearly negative - very light color.
I really hope I did not miss anything (my first IUI) and that the Clearblue Advanced OPK (the first one I took) was incorrect.
Why does this have to be so confusing?

Me: 31 DH: 32 TTC #1 September 2014: 1st IUI - BFN October 2014: 2nd IUI - BFN December 2014: laparoscopy and hysteroscopy - RE removed endometriosis and septum in the uterus. January 2015: 3rd IUI - BFN March 2015 - 1st IVF - we transferred 1 embryo and froze 1embryo - chemical June 2015 - 2nd IVF - we transferred 2 embryos and froze 2 embryos - User Image

9 years ago

Basia - If you are using the clearblue digital OPK you shouldn't take the test out of the holder to read. It should show up on the screen. Unlike the non-digital tests, the lines on the test strip itself do not have any meaning - you have to go by what shows up in the digital screen. That's what the directions on the test said when I used to use them. The surge can also be really quick so even if you get negatives before and only one positive that might have been it. The other ones after the positive may also have been negative if you only squeezed out a little pee or if you drank tons of fluids. You might want to call your doctor and talk to them or the nurses to make sure you don't miss your ovulation.

9 years ago

I just called the nurse. She will check with DR if they want me to do blood test to see if I did ovulate/have LH surge. I just need to wait and hopefully they tell me to do blood test and that I did not ovulate.

9 years ago

Hopefully they will do the blood test. But don't give up hope yet. The thing with the clearblue digital tests (that I read) is that they don't necessarily have a set amount that would trigger a positive, it is based on the baseline from the first time you used the test. I also got false positives with those tests - probably for that reason. Granted I have PCOS so those test aren't the greatest, but I wasn't receiving positives all the time. But if I went by what those test said was a surge my luteal phase would've been 20+ days long which is very unlikely. I was also using the wondfos and those were never positive. So don't give up hope yet - could've been a false positive.

9 years ago

Hi everyone,
I have taken a few months break from the forum but it's comforting to be back and see some familiar names.

I just started IVF treatment and feeling a little anxious. I have started with suprecur and my period is late (at the moment by a few days)â?¦ but when I read around on forums apparently that's not unusual? Can anyone give me their own experience of this?

My Doc is being great about frequent scans and stuff. I just didn't expect it as I have done IUI a couple of times with suprecur and it didn't delay my period.

EEK! Normally a positive person but feeling a bit wobbly at the moment. Hs anyone advice with regards to what I should be eating/drinking to give myself the best chance? I have seen mention of drinking milk, using a hot water bottle, raspberry leaf tea - what do you guys recommend?x

9 years ago

jojogo, good luck! I recommend eliminating or limiting caffeine, taking prenatal vitamins, and avoiding eating deli meat/raw eggs/raw fish or scooping kitty litter beginning at least 2 weeks before transfer.

Other than that, I wouldn't introduce anything that you don't clear with your doctor first, something that seems innocuous could have an effect on hormone levels or meds and you certainly don't want that.

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo