Community post

Discussion

September 2014 IUI/IVF

View Full Post

For those doing IUI or in process of IVF this month

206 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

181 - 190 of 206 Replies | Last Page

sad news, SMC. thinking of you.x

9 years ago

I'm devistated for you SMC.. all your efforts.. I'm so sorry.. wish I knew what to say that could help... I looked it up.. this is supposed to be a .05-3% chance of this happening.. it's not fair hun.. I'm praying for you...

9 years ago

AFM, had my transfer yesterday at 3pm.. they transferred 2 5dblasts.. they grade them from 1-5, 1 being the best.. and these were both 1's.. looks like only 2 maybe 3 to freeze today.. assuming 2.. so we get one more try if these two don't stick.. feeling positive and hopeful for these two though! was trying to post a pic of my little embies.. but couldn't figure out how to do it...

9 years ago

So sorry SMC. Sending you many hugs

Me: 31 DH: 32 TTC #1 September 2014: 1st IUI - BFN October 2014: 2nd IUI - BFN December 2014: laparoscopy and hysteroscopy - RE removed endometriosis and septum in the uterus. January 2015: 3rd IUI - BFN March 2015 - 1st IVF - we transferred 1 embryo and froze 1embryo - chemical June 2015 - 2nd IVF - we transferred 2 embryos and froze 2 embryos - User Image

9 years ago

SMC, my heart breaks for you. Here's hoping you can get back to trying again soon.

Tubal, that's great news! Now you're in the TWW!

9 years ago • Post starter

Thank you everyone for your kind words.

The couldn't save my left tube in the surgery so now I only have the right one. They also found mild endometriosis which I didn't know I had. We are not going to actively try for awhile. I will try to lose weight and change my diet and exercise a bit to get healthier and my husband might take vitamins to improve his sperm but I am not going to test for ovulation or do more IVF. We are going to move forward with newborn adoption and hopefully give a baby a better life sometime real soon. I already have the nursery ready.

We didn't name our loss but will just call him or her baby feist and there is a ceremony we can go to in a few months to remember. My hospital tee all does this for all losses at a funeral home. When I am not in pain I am going to the grotto at Notre dam to light candles for my lost embryos and this lost baby. I am sad but ready to move on and become a mommy.

I will pray for positive outcomes for all of you! Good luck!

ttc since August 2012 diagnosed with PCOS January 2013 failed IVF with 2 embryos May 2014 FET with 3 embryos August 2014, Successful!! confirmed ectopic on 9/24/14 taking a break from ttc and pursuing adoption homestudy ready 1/8/15, waiting for the call that will make us a family!

9 years ago

ohhh SMC... I really hope that you will get a great surprise soon without IVFs, ec. and if not that your journey to adopt will be very easy. Good luck and hugs.

Me: 31 DH: 32 TTC #1 September 2014: 1st IUI - BFN October 2014: 2nd IUI - BFN December 2014: laparoscopy and hysteroscopy - RE removed endometriosis and septum in the uterus. January 2015: 3rd IUI - BFN March 2015 - 1st IVF - we transferred 1 embryo and froze 1embryo - chemical June 2015 - 2nd IVF - we transferred 2 embryos and froze 2 embryos - User Image

9 years ago

So sorry for your loss SMC. I have been there. Also lost my left tube due to an ectopic in March of 2013. Was also PG with another baby in uterus at that time, but lost it from the trauma from the internal bleeding because my tubal was missed on several scans. :/

Praying for you and yours during this time.

The nurse from the MPLS office left me a msg on Monday to schedule my appt. there. I called her back and left a msg, but still have not heard anything back. Going to call again this afternoon if I haven't heard anything.

You know, as crazy as it sounds....for some reason, I keep having a tiny bit of hope that I will get PG without any more intervention. That the blockage will somehow clear itself or that it was just a tubal spasm on the HSG. I know this is borderline crazy. For one, I don't think blockages can clear themselves no matter what kind you have and for 2, I just don't think a baby is in the cards for me.

We have been holding off moving our laundry room from the basement to a spare bedroom on the main floor. If a baby came along, the spare main floor bedroom would of course be the nursery. I think I am going to give in and proceed with the remodel. Ive held it off for 3 years now and I think its time to just go ahead with it. Worst case scenario is that we would have to do our basement remodel sooner rather than later if a baby did come. We had planned on adding 2 more bedrooms, full bath, and storage down there anyways.

9 years ago

SMC: you are being courageous and positive. I hope that your future plans to adopt and love a baby that needs you works out.

Tubal: good luck. I think it will feel like a long two weeks. Everything has gone so well for you so far, may it continue to.

AFM: egg retrieval today. Really not as bad as I thought it might be. I was given painkiller for the procedure so got to enjoy it with my hubby. The nurses and doctors were lovely and let us really get involved in what was going on and how things were going. Aftercare was fab too - hats off to the NHS. I got 16 eggs in total - more than what they aim for here and they are a bit concerned about OHSS, but they are also pleased with that number and were happy with the sperm wash too. So it looks like I'll be finding out tomorrow morning if any have fertilised.

Tummy is a bit sore - hopefully within the realms of normal! I actually think some of that might be trapped wind :/ On paracetamol and drinking lots of water. Enjoying a box set and hanging out with my dogs!

9 years ago

jojogo, great egg count! Looking forward to hearing your fertilization report.

I had 16 eggs retrieved last IVF, and I was pretty uncomfortable and had mild OHSS - they had me trigger with just half a trigger shot. Just keep an eye on things and if you're the least bit concerned about how you're feeling, give them a call.

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo