Community post

Discussion

Our Funny Valentine

View Full Post

Ladies coming over from the New Years Kickoff!

253 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

131 - 140 of 253 Replies | Last Page

ok everyone, need some advice.

pregnancy test is a real squinter and if i wanted 2 lines i would be feeling hopefull it would come in a day or two. thought I would try an opt so i can start tracking ovulation, well that shows two lines, not positive yet, but thats what it looks like in the days before it goes positive. then I thought that it probably will look like that after being recently pregnant. so the tests are not reall reliable, Dumb!

User Image

12 years ago

Could be IB, Jess ;) It ain't over til the witch shows her ugly face in full force.

Leshia, good to hear DH is going through with it even though it's not covered. Great compromise with good times promised to him LOL

Loren, I wait with bated breath. . .

Mari Ann, it sounds positively good to me! 5 days average for the lifespan of sperm. I have to agree, the evaps are a pain in the bum! These are FRER's I'm using too. People that say that brand rarely has evaps are liers! I get them all the time with that brand.

AFM- Temp the same as yesterday, all looking good. I'm not going to bother adding things into my TWW symptoms tracker this month because I have a lot going on that isn't related to being pg and I just can't be bothered so I will just say what I feel in here.....

So far, nothing. Well that's not true. 1dpo I felt a lot of pressure down there, like something wanted to come up through my cervix. 2dpo, nothing. 3dpo, a few twinges in the ovaries.

I can't shake this feeling that my body is preparing itself for pregnancy. I know everybody's body does at this point, but I feel it's really going to happen. I'm preparing myself for AF, though. I even made it so I only have ONE HPT left.
I'm determined to wait until missed AF before testing.

Not sure I can be too disappointed this cycle if it's a BFN, I'm just starting to get the hang of learning the changes my body makes during each cycle and finding the signs for O. I'm learning and that's a great motivator. I'm positive that should AF come I can pick myself up, dust myself off and continue on

I woke up this morning to see DD had been up for a while and had stolen my 'Energizer' breakfast drinks....2 of them All I could think was thank God today's daycare day so I dropped her off and told her carers 'have fun' before laughing evilly all the way to the car.

Day to myself today. I might do a bit of writing and get back to my Scrubs marathon.

Just thought I'd share, I woke up this morning, pressed play on my music player and this song started playing. I love that song! It's my recommendation of the day xx

My new motto User Image

12 years ago

Big breath...... Okay, so, I am still spotting, maybe cramping a teensy bit idk, maybe imagining it. Now for my appt. I told them I am pg and they did their urine test and positive!! I tell them about low progesterone, that I suspect it. Well my Dr who has been with me this whole time came in and was like shocked I was pg because I told her I wasn't really trying this month and she stated the fact that she tested me on the 8th and it was negative. BUT she was concerned because she did the Colposcopy and did the (ECC) the scraping of my OS and it is not supposed to be done during pregnancy. So she tells me I more than likely will m/c because of it, and she kept apologizing. It's not her fault. Oh and my tests for the Colposcopy were completely fine, nothing at all there. Any how back to the pg stuff, she asked if I will feel better to have a trans-vaginal ultrasound. I was like, "YES!!!" I love my DR!! So I got it and she isn't a whizz at the machine but she saw my uterus and I could see it too. NO SAC, but no lost hope yet, I could have O'd later, and she said she prays I O'd right at the Colposcopy time so I wasn't pg when she did that, and that it would explain why we couldn't see a sac. I suspected late Oing before I even know I was pg so fingers x's on that. One thing though, I asked about my uterine lining being thick, I heard that sometimes you just see a thick lining that early and no sac, she said it looked good and thick to her. I also was sent to the labs to test for Beta hcg #s today and Fri to see if they are rising. I haven't heard back about the blood results yet as I went late today and office hours were closing. I hope to hear back tomorrow. Oh and she wants to do another scan in a few days or a wk as well she said. She said also that it could be a chemical pg. I hope that it's not and I am just too early. I think either way I will be ok, now I know that I can get pg because for a while there I thought I couldn't. Tomorrow is another day!! Sorry for no personals!

12 years ago

OH SH*T! Why didn't I think of the colposcopy!??? Of course! GAH! oh babe! I really feel that this is it for you. I don't see this being anything other than the real deal, that line is just so dark. Your doctor sounds amazing and I hope she finds what we all know is in there, a beautiful bub getting nice and snug. Fingers crossed for your blood results.
Thinking of you and holding your hand virtually as you wait for answers xx

My new motto User Image

12 years ago

I have to say that if she scraped your cervix then that is probably why you are spotting, and not because you are having a miscarriage.

I have a friend who had letz which is really hard core cervix interference where they take a sample of the cervix, more than just a scraping and then found out 4 weeks later that she was 12 weeks pregnant. Obviously best to not have it but i really think that the fact that a cervix with no trauma can bleed then a cervix with some will.

...also if you are just 4 weeks then you wont see anything other than a thick lining as everything is far too small.

...also a chemical pregnancy does not often have strong pregnancy tests, and yours are lovely and strong.

I think that everything looks good, I would avoid BD though as that is a cause of bleeding in pregnancy, and your cervix could probably do with some TLC at the moment.

My feeling is all will be fine and your baby will be in your arms some time in november.

User Image

12 years ago

Thank you ladies, very reassuring. One thing though is I never spotted when I got it done, on the 8th, the day I started spotting was on the 18th, ten days later. Hmmm idk. I just am stay positive that whatever happens happens and I will be ok. A little sad but ok.

Edit------ I just looked at my chart and I charted up to Feb 2nd and on the 2nd my cervix was medium highness and medium texture and the fluid on the 1st was sticky and the 2nd creamy, so my thought is I indeed O'd later than I was supposed to. Now I remember why I suspected a late O... I just stopped doing any checking. I am not sure how many days until O after the start of creamy cm... I am guessing a few days to a week? So Yup staying positive it's just early to see anything and this indeed is just some strange IB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am actually starting to feel cramps right now. And a lot more blood when I went to the br.... Hmmmmmm IDK!!!!!

12 years ago

Hi Ladies!

Thank you for not judging me and Chantel - I will do my best. :) I haven't read those...interested to check them out. Want to listen to your song recommendation but I am typing in bed with DH fast asleep next to me so probably tomorrow.

@Loren - holy cow woman! So much you have just gone through. Your test looks amazing and I am just hoping for the best for you. I have a really good feeling about it!

@Mari Ann - up to 7 days. Maybe the start of implantation cramps/pressure?

Oh gosh I am doing a bad job of this today.

AFM - Had such a crazy day. Won't go into detail but my sister and I got in a massive fight on the phone (she lives on the opposite coast) and it just made my whole day a real drag. We never fight so this was out of left field and I just feel bad. Anyway, it will resolve itself I am sure. GAH. Being hormonal like this makes things so much harder.

Ate well today. Was advised to take in more protein to help with MS and so far it is working.

Have to be up super early so gonna hit the hay but thinking about you ladies and have positive thoughts going out to all of you!

XO

12 years ago

Hello ladies! So, I'm pleased to report that I am indeed an idiot. If you ever get a dye run on a test, disregard ANY BFP's. Took a real test this morning (thanks to a friend) and it was stark white except for the control line. I'm out... AF expected on Saturday but I'm going to guess she'll come early. Maybe tomorrow.

Loren I'm praying for you!!!!!

Chantel, you're an enigma...

Sorry if I'm leaving people out I'm trying to type with a sick toddler in my lap. Poor kid has a really bad cold and neither of us has gotten more than four hours of sleep the last two nights...

12 years ago • Post starter

Ok sorry in advance.... I am upset and Dh isn't really too understanding at the moment. I am starting to turn into an emotional wreck. I want to cry so bad, but every time I start to I think what if I am not m/c and I cause stress that makes me m/c..... Uhhhh!!! Going through this makes me not want to try anymore again, I am already thinking that and I haven't even confirmed I am m/c yet. I just don't know if all of this is worth it anymore, I have struggled with depression my whole life and since my last m/c I have been really good at not getting down about things, staying positive! So much for that cuz every time I turn around there is something negative going on. How can a human go through bad event after event and expect to still have a good outlook. I took a 2 hr bath and when I was getting out I noticed bright red blood and I think clots that came out when I moved to get out, in the water, I got out and put on a big pad and I am curled up in bed on my computer researching as much as I can, like, Chemical pg and dark positives, which I haven't found one that has had a dark positive and had a Chemical, so then I think I am most sure I O'd late like around the 5-7th but my test was so dark for it to be 10-12dpo, maybe I am farther but then I am stuck with the fact that I am bleeding more now and some cramps. IDK IDK IDK I am so lost and I want it all to be over, or to never of happened, why do I feel this way?!?!?!?!?!? HA then right now I move my arms and my bbies are sore again!!!!!!!! Darn it and I neglected some of my online hmwrk because I am side tracked. OK OK OK OK I am going to go and hopefully get some rest tonight!!!! Thanks for "listening" to me rant and rave, at least I have someone to talk to even if it is on the computer and most of you are light years away, thank you!!!

12 years ago

*holds you* PLEASE if the pain gets too much go straight to emergency. In the meantime, I'm sure you know not all bleeding means miscarriage and up to 30% of pregnancies will have bleeding in the first trimester. (or so I've read somewhere)

I think whenever you start to have a moment where you can feel you're about to lose your sh*t or slip into a dark hole, you need to stop, take a deep breath and find one symptom that confirms baby is there and doing okay. Sore bbs is a good one. Hold onto it. Say it out loud. I know this sounds silly, but seriously, saying things out loud is like affirmation. It often helps our mind's believe in the words. When they're going around in your head it's easy for them to slip away or be overtaken by other thoughts. But, when you say out loud

"Damn this baby is making my boobies hurt."

or

"Okay, li'l one, stop scaring mommy with the bleeding now."

That makes this baby real. It affirms in your mind that he/she is there and very much doing his/her best to scare the daylights out of you. . . at least I hope it does!

When I knew in my heart that I was pregnant but then the tests said BFN I used to talk out loud to my stomach LOL I'd tell baby that she had to show herself so mummy could look after her properly. It helped it feel real to me, if just for a few moments. I didn't feel insane, coz the words were out there.

Enough crazy talk from me. I hope you got some sleep and know that I'm thinking of you and we're here, anytime xoxoxoxoxo

My new motto User Image

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo