Community post

Discussion

Our clomid journey continues.....

View Full Post

Hi Girls,

Another new thread! We are flying through these!

User Image

291 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

111 - 120 of 291 Replies | Last Page

Nancy: Yaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!!! I am happy for you and glad you got your bfp!!!

So I am worried about my O this month...... Need some input from you all,

I had been doing opk digital (twice a day rhe past two days) because I knew I was Oing soon and I have suspicions that the reason we haven't concieved is that I have very very short lh surges and O quickly after and we miss it or my egg doesn't last until we bd...... so yesterday evening I got a very close + but not quite. I thought maybe we should bd last night just in case.... but when we got home I was tired and been sick so we fell asleep.... ooops! then this AM of course I got my positive for sure.... but here is my question.......

Wjat if I O sometime today and we don't bd until this evening around 10 pm..... is that too late? I have heard the egg can survive only up to 6 hours or so.......

Do you think we will miss it?????

12 years ago

just for your information.... I just found this info on a medical website:

Test every 12 hoiurs not every 24 hours. The perfect time for sexual intercourse is within 12-24 hours prior to the ovulation predictor FIRST turning positive. Especially if you test only once a day. This may sound like a surprise, but making love only after first getting a positive OPK may not get you pregnant at all. Ovulation can happen as early as 14 hours after the OPK first becomes positive. Let's say you test with the OPK at 8 a.m. and it was negative. Then, the OPK turns positive at 11 a.m, but you won't know because you only test once a day. So ovulation could then happen 14 hours later, at 1 a.m. the next day. But having sex after ovulation is not going to get you pregnant.

If you test once only every 24 hours you will only find out about the positive OPK at 8 a.m. the next day, which may be too late for getting pregnant if you only have sex at that time.

Testing every 12 hours may be more reliable to predict ovulation. Making love after ovulation won't get you pregnant, so if you rely on the OPK and you wait to have sex only when the test becomes positive, you may decrease your chances of getting pregnant.

That's why it's generally suggested to have intercourse two to three times each and every week. That way you are unlikely to miss ovulation. In addition, you may want to make love once a day when the OPK turns positive, just to make sure

12 years ago

Mo - im soooooo excited for you!!! yay!!

AFM: i dont have much faith in this month. temps are crazy all over the place and even though i got a +opk i just dont have a good feeling this month. here's my chart
http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/homepage/?u=20266

i know im not out til AF shows BUT I have NO symptoms AT all. im having a really hard emotional time too (again) this month.

TTC #1 - Since 2010 BFP #1 on 11/22/11 (ended 12.13 ectopic) I'm a home cooking, OCD (at times) cleaning, NASCAR watching, Drag Race Loving, country living (being classy is over rated), stay at home, spending some months alone, 4 wheel riding, proud union carpenter wife & I wouldnt have it any other way! Follow my journey in life: http://mythoughtsmylifemywords.blogspot.com/

12 years ago

OMG Margaret!!!!!! I knew it! YAY!!!!!! SOOOOOO happy!!!!!!

I have a good feeling about this one!!!!!

Shea - Thank you so much for what you wrote. I was hoping you felt that way. Anyway YES, I can't wait to be here to witness all the other that are on the way! I'm hoping since we are ttc sisters that they will continue to come one right after the other!!!! Also, I forgot to mention that I don't have a twitter account, but if you ever do fb - let me know!

12 years ago

Ash - I know how you feel. I have NO symptoms and was getting negative tests and was sure AF would show today. I know that it is so hard, but lets just wait and see if AF shows for you. When is she due to show?

User Image

12 years ago • Post starter

Thanks Victoria. I am happy to go through this with you. I just want to get blood work done so I can make sure numbers are going up!

User Image

i have to agree with everyone else...to those that have got their s already .... PLEASE STAY!

mo - AF is supposed to show up around sept 5th.

TTC #1 - Since 2010 BFP #1 on 11/22/11 (ended 12.13 ectopic) I'm a home cooking, OCD (at times) cleaning, NASCAR watching, Drag Race Loving, country living (being classy is over rated), stay at home, spending some months alone, 4 wheel riding, proud union carpenter wife & I wouldnt have it any other way! Follow my journey in life: http://mythoughtsmylifemywords.blogspot.com/

12 years ago

Carolyn- That is what dh and I were trying to figure out yesterday. When is the best time to bd during the fertile window. The info you posted is helpful. Thank you.

Margaret- Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!! Wooohooooooooooooo. You did it! You gave me hope :)

Nancy- I really really want you to stay. Please stay! You are right these people are ignorant and the best thing to do is just ignore them.

little- Thank you for the feedback on flaxseed oil. Maybe it was just in my head. I am going to take it no matter what because I am going to get pregnant this cycle. I feel it.

AFM: Ladies dh and I were trying to debate this yesterday:

Is more volume with less frequent bding better or more frequent bding with less volume during the fertile window. He said he thougth I would know since I do a lot of research but any feedback on this would really help. What Carolyn posted was helpful but should we go with every 2-3 days or everyday during the fertile window? Hard to know. Those of you who got a BFP can you please share the days you BD and what day you O'd. That would be so helpful. Thank you

User Image

12 years ago

Hey Nat - thanks for the congrats. In answer to your question, this month we BD'd on days 16, 18, 19, 20, 21 and I O'd on CD19. We normally BD on day 14 too but we decided to 'save up' the spermies so it was closer to when I O. Does that make sense?

User Image

OMG AGAIN! I'm so thrilled for you Margaret. Told you, you just never know! Run and get your progesterone and ! I have a feeling that you'll be just fine no matter what!

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo