Community post

Discussion

Our clomid journey continues.....

View Full Post

Hi Girls,

Another new thread! We are flying through these!

User Image

291 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

201 - 210 of 291 Replies | Last Page

Margaret and Shea- You are great! Thank you so much for ansering my questions before I leave. Shea you know weget so upset when people tell us that. I would like to know what Victoria thinks as well. It still pisses me off when people say that. Idk what to think anymore. Just want us to get our bfps so badly.

User Image

12 years ago

Me too Nat. And it will happen for us, i just know it will.

Shea Soy Cycle1- Soy Cycle2- Soy Cycle3- "For nothing is impossible with God" Luke 1:37

12 years ago

Shea: I got goosebumps when I heard what your mom said. Momma knows best! FX!!!

12 years ago

Hi Ladies,

Thank you for your support. I am feeling a bit better today as I 'Od' today. Didnt think it was going to happen I normally 'O' well before this. Thought it might have something to do with taken 100mg of Clomid.

Silly question but what is LH? Im soooooooo behind with all the terms. lol.

Well weekend away tomorrow with the hubby so hopefully this will be the weekend to fall and get a BFP.......

to everyone else and to those who have dont go. Your part of us.

12 years ago

Just wanted to let you girls know that I changed my SN to Smltwngrl920; got bored with the old one! LOL i change things ALOT. Im one of the VERY few people that LOVES change!

Shea - Im sooooo pulling for you!!! My mom knew my sister was pregnant before she told her!! how's your chart look today??

Kraken - LH is the hormone that triggers ovulation. Have a great time this weekend. Dh and I are also getting away for the weekend!

where is everyone??? i would also LOVE updates on all of our we had recently!!!

AFM: just waiting for the to show up. she waits til monday so this weekend we can just have some "for fun " time! We are going camping this weekend so ill be away friday evening - monday evening.

&
Ash

TTC #1 - Since 2010 BFP #1 on 11/22/11 (ended 12.13 ectopic) I'm a home cooking, OCD (at times) cleaning, NASCAR watching, Drag Race Loving, country living (being classy is over rated), stay at home, spending some months alone, 4 wheel riding, proud union carpenter wife & I wouldnt have it any other way! Follow my journey in life: http://mythoughtsmylifemywords.blogspot.com/

12 years ago

Hi Sisters!

Sorry I didn't write yesterday. I was watching my friend's 20 month old daughter b/c her babysitter bailed and I was exhausted! I took her to the mall and this lady goes, "She looks nothing like you!" I was like, "That's b/c she's not my daughter." But still, what it I had adopted her? You don't say crap like that to people.

Anyways....I wanted to answer Shea and Nat's question about the "taking a break advice". It still pisses me off because people have NO idea what infertility entails. I think I got pregnant for a couple reasons.

#1) I was on my first month off of clomid and I'm SURE it was still in my system but not the full 50 mg amount obviously (I think the 50 was tooo strong for me as I had horrible side effects and got cysts from it). So maybe an even smaller "dose" is what I needed?? I also ovulated on CD 16 which is as close to "normal" as ever for me. (Yes, I still did BBT).

#2) Here is where the annoying "relax" advice might have some validity. My mom recommended that we go on vacation so I started planning that cruise we will be taking in November (I will be 16 weeks by then). I got sooooo excited about the cruise and was even thinking, "If I'm not pregnant, it's ok b/c then I can drink and do the water slide and more of the excursion activities." I was LESS STRESSED this cycle than all the other 15 months TTC so maybe that did help..... Nonetheless, you still might have to do things like: take medicine, BBT, use menstrual cups (I did), etc. You can never FORGET ABOUT IT if you have fertility problems, but I do think that finding a way to reduce stress can help.....I hope I haven't pissed you ladies off by saying that b/c that was the MOST ANNOYING thing people would say to me!

Shea - I have such a goooood feeling about you too! My mother-in-law knew I was pregnant within days of my positive test! She kept saying things like, "why do you have a headache." "Let's go get some drinks." And, "I"m watching a Friends re-run where Rachel has the baby..." It finally got soooo annoying we just told her. I was only 4 weeks. She was not surprised. I soooo hope this is the case with your mom!

Kraken - "lh" is luteinizing hormone which is the hormone that is released right before ovulation and also the hormone that is detected on OPKs.

12 years ago

I need to get on here more than once a week. You guys go fast!

To all the girls with recent BFP's...don't disappear! I want to know how you guys are doing. If you are posting somewhere else too, please let me know. I'd love to follow your pregnancies too.

Shea and Nat, I think it was you guys who asked about the "just relax"...

As hard as it is to hear, and as near impossible as it is to do when you are TTC, it is actually sound advice. It doesn't always work anymore than "adopt and you'll get pg" does, but it does work for some. I think the reason it can work, is because stress can impede fertility, and when you are stressing about not being able to conceive, it can be a double whammy. That being said, you can't force your mind to stop obsessing and stressing about TTC. It has to come from reaching a point where you can truly be at peace with it.

While I conceived my first "on a break", I've had plenty of breaks since, and no luck for #2. For me, though, I don't give infertility any power in my life, so I don't stress over it at all. I know it's easy for me to say, since I already have a child, but the longing for another is still there. I've just given it up to the universe, and what will be, will be. Don't get me wrong, I'm still trying, and will move on to the next steps soon, as it's becoming obvious I will probably not get pregnant again. But, I want to have another baby, so I'm going to make that happen, one way or another. I'm keeping my eye on the prize, and not on the knocks I'm taking to get there.

Anyway, just my assvice. Take it with a grain of salt, and know that I mean no harm. I do love you all!

AFM,

I'm on CD17, not sure what day I O'd, I'm not tracking this month, since I didn't take any EPO. I have to go to the fertility clinic for a follow up appointment on the 15th. Just a quick "yes, I still want treatment" appointment, because we've put off our IUI's since June. I'm going to get a requisition for a semen analysis for DH to be done in October. That will be 4 months of him taking tons of vitamins and not having any alcohol and having lost about 30+ lbs. Then we will book our next (last?) IUI for December.

If that IUI fails, I have an idea in my head, but it's entirely dependent on my sister's success with donor embryo's. She should be going for a FET with donor embryo's in October. Praying so hard for her to get pg. If it works for her, and she stays pg, than I'm going to bring up to everyone about me possibly using one or two of the remaining donated embryo's (there are 12). I think it would be very fitting to have full blood "cousins" in the family.

I won't do it if my sister's transfer doesn't take. I would never be able to live with myself if I succeeded where she didn't, with embryo's from the same batch.

Anyway, that's what's floating around in my head.

Hope this Thursday finds you all well~

Hugs and Luck to all!

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

12 years ago

Hi All!

Lisserb, you're right, I need to hop on here more than once a week! There is so much going on right now on this thread, so much of it is good news, or has the possibility of being good news......bring on MORE bfps this month!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed, and sending out the best baby prayers into the universe for all the ladies on this thread....to get our bfps, to have healthy pregnancies, and to have healthy and happy babies.

Well as for me.....well HOLY COW I am growing an egg like nobody's business on Femara!!!! I was sooo worried about taking this (breast cancer) drug this month....after my 3 rounds of clomid, I just wanted to move on to injectables, but my dr wanted to give this a go....so, I figured, why not?

Well, I am currently happy I did (the cherry on the pie would be if it ends up with a sticky bean of course!).....on Clomid, I ovulated on CD 24-26....ending up with a 42+ day cycle (boo to missed chances!....I think that's only about 7-8 ovulations a year. a YEAR!!! )....well, I am happy to report that today is CD12, and I have a 16mm folli, and (fingers crossed) if it look 18mm+ tomorrow morning, we will be doing our 2nd round of IUI!!! On CD 13!!!!

Ahhhh! I'm so happy and so excited, I could just burst. We're planning on IUI tomorrow, and 2 days of over the holiday weekend.....fingers crossed that is this our month!

We just booked a trip to San Francisco in 3 weeks to celebrate our anniversary....I was thinking that I would either be really happy or really sad that weekend, as that's when AF was due, but on this cycle, I'll know where we are at least a week before....hoping that there is LOTS to celebrate in the city by the bay!

I'll pop by and let you know how it goes tomorrow!

Again, I'm so happy for everyone who got their bfps, and everyone else--let's hang in there!!

, Aloha

User Image Me-PCOS since 1997 DH-low morph 18% Off BCP since April 2010 Started Metformin (1500mg) April 2011 May 2011-Clomid 50mg--no ovulation, BFN June 2011-Clomid 100mg-late ovulation, BFP, chemical July 2011-Clomid 150mg-late ovulation, B2B IUI, BFN August 2011-Femara 5mg-ON TIME ovulation, IUI, BFN September 2011--Femara 5mg, ON TIME ovulation, B2B IUI, BFN October 2011-HSG Test--CLEAR!, no Meds.... November 2011-New RE December 2012-Clomid/Follistim/Trigger B2B IUI, BFN January....off due to big ol' cyst. BCP. Sonohystogram-clear! February 2012-Follistim (1 folli--grr!), Trigger, B2B IUIs, BFN March 2012-cyst. Grrr. On BCP for 10 days Coooome oooooon baby!!!!

12 years ago

Hi ladies!

Victoria thank you for answering my question. You didnt piss me off by no means! Im so very thankful for you and Lisser's advice.

DH is wanting to "just relax", because as yall know Im finally going to be getting help from my Dr here soon! He is completely terrified about me having to undergo fertility treatments...I guess he is more worried that something may happen to me. I kinda understand where he is coming from, and I also think that he doesnt want me to have to go through a big "let down" if I dont get pregnant with Dr's help. I just dont know DH says he wants a baby, but it hurt him so bad when I m/c the first time (it hurt the other times too but i wasnt as far along and he kinda already knew that it might happen then). And more than anything I think he is scared of getting hurt again....

I just dont know what to do....

Anyways My temp went up today. I had the right amount of sleep last night. My OPKs keep getting darker. However my last 3 HPTs were negative (of course lol). And so far, i have a splitting headache.

GL to all the ladies going on Vaca!!!! BE safe!!!!!

Ash- Love the new SN.

Welp, I guess im gonna get off here. I have cleaning to do, because we are keeping my twin sister-in-laws tomorrow (their parents are probably wanting to go party for labor day weekend yea DH and I have issues with his whole family)

Love Shea!!!!!!!!!!

Shea Soy Cycle1- Soy Cycle2- Soy Cycle3- "For nothing is impossible with God" Luke 1:37

12 years ago

Aloha, are you doing a trigger shot to assure ovulation? Good Luck!

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo