Community post

Discussion

Starting Clomid,anyone with me? Can I get a hell yah! Part 2

View Full Post

For anyone staring, or already on Clomid:) We are the best group of girls so feel free to share your TTC journey!!

User Image 5 rounds of Clomid (1 chemical) 2 rounds of Femara + IUI (1 chemical) 4 rounds of Femara, Clomid, Menopur+IUI (all BFN) 1 IVF in January=

284 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

101 - 110 of 284 Replies | Last Page

Hi ladies,

Ok.. Preseed is bought! Going to try it tonight! I think today is my actual O day - so I'm a little late in the game, but whatever.. it's worth a shot! I've been taking Robitussin to help with my CM so far, so this is just an added punch!

Hoping4baby - So sorry to hear that AF showed up :( Keep your chin up and go another round!... It sounds like you've got a very supportive hubby. I finished my third round and am hoping to get pregnant this cycle... really really hoping.. my 2WW starts tomorrow. I was about to give up this cycle (been TTC for about 2 years).. but DH has encouraged me to keep at it. If it doesn't happen this round, I'm going to start HCG injections with my 4th round of Clomid. My doctor says he usually sees success with clomid between cycles 3 through 6. I've heard some concern about being on clomid for more than 3 cycles, but I trust my doc.. so we're moving forward.

Lesls21 - You poor thing, that sounds so frustrating. Hoping they can prescribe something over the phone so you don't have to wait much longer.

User Image

12 years ago

Hey ladies.. im new to the group and we are TTC my 3rd child, the second using Clomid due to PCOS.. Im very confused with the way things are at this point... After a Year of no cycle at all my doc had be take provera to cause my lining to shed, this took almost 2 weeks at which time he had me come back in to have a PAP and then again mad me wait for the results before starting the clomid. he said since i dont ovulate at all timing the clomid was not important the first time that if i ovulated and nothing happened i would have a period and we would run a second cycle and time it as a normal cycle.
so after almost 21 day after CD1 i started my clomid and now im waiting to ovulate.. i have been taking OPK every morning since day 5 after my last clomid but nothing yet. now im having a fullness / (tmi) Like i have to poop in my lower abdomen have had a few moments of nausea. then other thing is that while having intercourse my cervix is sore along with my nipples just the last couple of days... idk what is normal for a menstrual cycle and what is normal for ovulation. its been 9 years since a normal cycle. ive gone 2.5 years at one point with no cycle. any advice or help would be appreciated.. with the calculations ive made i should ovulate this week ( i think) but with no real knowledge of a cycle length and the fact that i started at day 21 of my cycle the clomid i have no idea what the calculation should be. Please help!

Lou C.

12 years ago

Alright I will start my first round of Clomid on Friday 03.23 day before DH birthday.... I am staying optimistic and decided on tomorrow I will tell my Dr that we would like to try 3 ovulating cycles on clomid before deciding to try IUI. I just feel like we should have the chance to try on our own w/ me ovulating before I take the next step of IUI.

Little nervous but excited. I think I will try meditation in the mornings before work and in the evening when I return from work.

I am so anxious as I know we all are for but I know I have to quit driving me and DH crazy about having a baby.

Congrats to all the and hoping to be in your crowd soon. to us all...

Me 36 DH 30 New too TTC 01/01/2012 User Image

12 years ago

Loucotnoir - I don't have much advice about the irregular cycles, but I CAN tell you that since I've taken clomid, I get a very heavy abdomen (as you described) right around ovulation time and my nips get very sore, too. Intercourse also can be a little painful at certain angles... I figured this was a low and sensitive cervix. I had never felt this before clomid.. so perhaps it's a sign you are ovulating or will be soon? I'm always a bit jealous of those women who can actually feel ovulation pain, etc... I've just never been that in-tune with my body, I suppose!

Agape... Making the decision to take charge of your fertility is a big one.. good for you and DH :) Fingers crossed for you!! Have fun, in the meantime :)

User Image

12 years ago

Thank u babylove9 and JamieNix! :-) my hubby is very supportive and I think if he wasn't I would of def lost my mind by now. so fxd for 3rd round success for me and success for all of u ladies. We deserve our bfp's the most because we are working soooooooooooooooo hard to get them!!!!!!!

User Image

12 years ago

G d morning!!

Wlecome to newbies..

Hoping_sorry for visit..Good lung on your 3rd round.. .I'll keep you in my prayers..

Jamie_ When is your next appt? Do you know how many follicles you have? Im praying we get our this cycle...

Cd18, i've been to my obgyne yesterday for trans-v, we found only one good follicles at my left ovary...(not bad???, but my doc is looking for more). Again, we advised to bd every other day..

to everyone..

12 years ago

This TWW is definitely getting to me. I also don't know if it is pms, clomid, or pg either. I have felt b*tchy and on edge since last night and so far all day today. I really can't help it, even if I know I'm being irrational. I've been letting little things get to me, even though I know I shouldn't, I just can't help it. Argh! Being at work is aggravating me to, I want to be outside and enjoy this beautiful weather we're having. It's only Tuesday!?!? As far as my next appointment, I only know that my doctor wants me to have a blood test on CD21 to make sure I ovulated, I'm pretty sure I did, as the OPKs, ovulation pain, and temperature rise all seemed to line up. I'm thinking he might want to do the testing on CD22 instead though since I didn't ovulate until CD15. As far as checking my follicles, I have no idea. I don't think my doctor mentioned it, but I might have missed it with everything he was going over with me on. Wouldn't it be too late to count the follicles as I'm pretty sure I already ovulated? I did have a PAP and pelvic ultrasound before starting the clomid, and he was able to see that I had plenty of eggs. He only did the the pelvic ultrasound though because I was having unexplained pain in my left side closer to my kidney area though... I think I'll give him a call today though. I am still having some pressure near my ovaries, not very painful, but I also feel it while my DH and I .

Loucotnoir ~ Welcome to the forum! Sounds like you've gone through quite a bit so far already! I've read that you are supposed to ovulate about 7 days after taking your last clomid pill, but sometimes the doctor will up the dosage if what he prescribed did not make you to ovuilate. I too was not ovulating on my own, but my doctor first had me take prometrium (progestrone) to bring on AF and then once AF started, I began the clomid on CD3. I'm also learning what it's like to have a "normal" menstrual cycle with ovulation. I was on the birthcontrol pill for years and have now been off of it for over 2 years. I wish I had some more advice for you... I'm throwing lots of baby dust your way though!

Agape_Love ~ Are you going to be taking the clomid twice a day? My doctor prescibed me 50mg once a day. I took mine at lunch time everyday (but my doctor said it didn't matter what time I took them, as long as I kept it around the same time everyday). on this cycle!

Hoping4babysoon ~ You're welcome.

User Image

12 years ago

Thanks jamienix and babylovejenn! I rang consultant today and they said they couldn't prescribe without me having an appointment, next available one is 8th m may! I've taken it , but then I rang my gp and explained the situation. He is gonna ring my consultant and ask what they would prescribe and if poss he will prescribe it instead! Will find out tomorrow for def but totally love my gp right now lol.

12 years ago

3dpo and as of this afternoon I started having a really weird pinching sensation in my left ovary. If I'm sitting down and bend forward it's like I get a jolting pinch. Any one else ever experience this? I did talk to my doctors nurse and she said no follow up was necessary at this time, but to go and have the progesterone blood test done on CD22 since I believe I ovulated on CD15. Also only having a little creamy cm today, but it is stretchy too. My cervix is still high, but feels firm now.

User Image

12 years ago

Thanks BabyLoveJenn......I did have my Drs visit today and advised that we have decided to try on 3 rounds of Clomid. He did ask why and if I had any fears. He was very calming as he listened. Made me feel sure that I know what my body and mind can deal with at this point.

He did tell me that he felt I was lowering my chances but that he was only my advocate and here for me. I really respected him being candid with me and I felt calmer about our decision.

Jamienex I am only taking 50mg of clomid for 5 days starting CD 5. I think you misunderstood when I said I was going to meditate 2x /day. Hoping clomid does the job for us ALL.

I checked a clomid ovulation calendar and I will ovulate on April's fools day. How crazy is that? Well since I got married on Friday the 13th it must be a good sign.

I did check the price of IUI at the Fertility Center here and was wondering if anyone knew if the 500 was a reasonable price? Paying out of pocket is a stretch with hubby just getting back to full time employment in January after 2 years of contracting work.

I just want to thank you all for just reading this. It is great release to talk to others who feel the way I do.

Good luck LADIES.

Me 36 DH 30 New too TTC 01/01/2012 User Image

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo