Community post

Discussion

Starting Clomid,anyone with me? Can I get a hell yah! Part 2

View Full Post

For anyone staring, or already on Clomid:) We are the best group of girls so feel free to share your TTC journey!!

User Image 5 rounds of Clomid (1 chemical) 2 rounds of Femara + IUI (1 chemical) 4 rounds of Femara, Clomid, Menopur+IUI (all BFN) 1 IVF in January=

284 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

161 - 170 of 284 Replies | Last Page

TTCin30s ~ That sounds like really good news. Very happy for you! We will, ofcourse, still keep you and your baby in our thoughts and prayers. Wishing you a happy and healthy nine months.

Afm, I am now feeling out this round. My temperature dropped below to coverline this morning with 97.22 degrees. That ugly is due tomorrow. I took another generic E.P.T. (family dollar brand) test this morning and it was negative (this was the same test that I had gotten the extremely faint line on). I think I'm done testing for now. Just going to wait it out for the arrive. Not going to test again unless she's late. I'm going to try extremely hard next round to not pay so much attention to every little detail of a symptom that I think I may have. Also am going to wait until day of or day after to test. I think I need to relax more, babys and ttc is constantly on my mind and I know I'm being impatient. It's just that after almost a year of trying and then finding out that I wasn't even ovulating, and then finally ovulating and like crazy after that positive OPK, I was feeling pretty hopeful and good about this round. Now, I just kind of feel foolish to think that I could have such look with the very first round. So, I'm going to hold my head up, and try to keep myself busy in the meantime.

I would like to thank each and everyone of you for being so supportive and having such kind words for me on my first round of clomid. I know it sucks that we are all going through this struggle, but it is nice to have other women to talk to about what we're all going through. I wish for us all to have our sweet little babies very soon! Lots of sticky, baby dust!

ClivenCleo ~ Here's to another round of being cycle buddies (we'll be pretty close again if AF shows up for me like I think she'll be).

User Image

12 years ago

JamieNix,
Sometimes testing right before AF is too early, so don't give up yet! I had friends that didn't test positive until week 5. I am crossing my fingers for you.

12 years ago

Thank you Somedaysoon. I think I needed to hear that today. I would be so happy and thankful to have a definite positive this round. Just don't want to let myself get too worked up, only to let myself down. This is only my first round of clomid, so we'll see. I'll keep you ladies updated. Thanks again Somedaysoon.

User Image

12 years ago

Hey all, hope everyone is doing well. JamieNix- I feel the same way. I had a wee bit of a breakdown today which was probably overdue lol. TTC is always on my mind and it sucks. So hard to relax especially when I swear I see at least one pregnant lady a day and it makes my heart ache. I think i'm going to try not testing until AF is at least due. I'm actually doing much better than i was, I used to start testing at like 7dpo which is silly I know.

Anyway, I'm switching from 5-9 to 3-7. This will be my 5th round and I figure what the hell, what can I lose? I hear a lot more success stories on 3-7 so wish me luck. Round 5, here I come!

User Image 5 rounds of Clomid (1 chemical) 2 rounds of Femara + IUI (1 chemical) 4 rounds of Femara, Clomid, Menopur+IUI (all BFN) 1 IVF in January=

12 years ago • Post starter

Okay, so AF is here but doc and Clearblue monitor says do not start counting until its more than just spotting. So cd1 will be tomorrow which is good considering it will be the first of the month and easy to remember:P I hope someone is reading this because I have a question I cannot believe I have not asked my doctor. Okay, so what happens after cycle 6 on clomid?? I'm moving to IUI after this cycle so I guess that gives me one more shot with IUI but what about after that? Any ideas ladies? I know the pill popping doctors will prescribe you clomid for as long as you ask or until you get cervical cancer but if you can only be on it for 6 cycles, safely, then what next? I don't ovulate every cycle without it so i'm a little worried.

12 years ago • Post starter

Hi hopeful! My fertil. Dr has me doing 4to6 cycles of clomid with iui and after that he wants me to move on to injectibles with iui or ivf, I think that is pretty standard treatment unless the woman wants to take a more aggressive approach you could move on to ivf sooner. My dr wont do the injectibles with me unless I do the lap. Surgery which im very reluctant to do so im hoping I wont need to get that far, testing in 3 days and im going bananas!!! Good luck in you
r treatment plan!

12 years ago

Oh and I do ovulate on my own so dr put me on clomid.days 5-9 50mg with iui, he claims that clomid is useless without iui if you ovulate on your own. Who knows?!?! Im on round two, so heres hoping!

12 years ago

Hi Ladies, It's been awhile since I posted anything and I know I had said that I didn't feel like I was part of this group anymore but I haven't been able to stop checking up on everyone and hoping you all get your BFPs soon!!!
Just so everyone knows clomid is not useless without iui if you ovulate on your own. I ovulate on my own, took Clomid days 5-9 and got my BFP on round 1 :)

AFM- things have been going well, DH and I had our first ultrasound yesterday and got to see our bean. he/she measured right on schedule at 8 weeks and we got to see the heartbeat :) we are soo in love and can't wait for november.

TTCin30s- I hope you get good news when you go to the doctor! I'm so happy that you finally got your BFP!!
The rest of you don't give up hope, cause I seriously thought that I was going to be out (had no symptoms and a BFN at 14DPO) and at 19DPO I got my positive! Nobody's out til AF shows up.

12 years ago

Congrats little debbie, and clomid with iui is pointless, in my situation and my fertility dr assured me of this, he is head of infertility at Yale, that being said, my DHs sperm is poor so clomid causes my cm to become hostile, therefore iui is needed to bypass my cervix thats what I meant by him saying clomid is useless with iui. Great to hear you got your bfp

12 years ago

Hey LittleDebbie! It's great to hear from you again! I'm so glad everything is going good for you!

A little update on myself, AF was due today, its almost midnight where I am, and there's no sign of AF here. Woohoo! I'm not out yet. Also, my temperature went back up this morning (but I did sleep in later than usual). I hope my temperature stays up. I've still been having some weird on and off cramping. DH and I are keeping our fingers crossed and our prayers going.

User Image

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo