Community post

Discussion

Starting Clomid,anyone with me? Can I get a hell yah! Part 2

View Full Post

For anyone staring, or already on Clomid:) We are the best group of girls so feel free to share your TTC journey!!

User Image 5 rounds of Clomid (1 chemical) 2 rounds of Femara + IUI (1 chemical) 4 rounds of Femara, Clomid, Menopur+IUI (all BFN) 1 IVF in January=

284 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

21 - 30 of 284 Replies | Last Page

Welp, today is cycle day 6 for me, and will be the fourth day of taking clomid. So far the only side effects that I have noticed are the hot flashes (mostly at night) along with some chills (which is a bit annoying when trying to sleep, one minute I'm hot and sweating, and the next I'm freezing.) My DH says I've been a heck of a heater lately, one night, he actually had to get up and sleep on the couch because I was making him way too hot. I also seem to have more energy which is fine for the most part, but I've been waking up a lot at night and have some trouble falling asleep. I didn't really notice any moodiness until yesterday, I went shopping (because I finally got my tax return back), bought some things for the house and few new outfits for my DH. After shopping, I was actually stressing about spending money (on things we pretty much needed) but was still feeling guilty for spending the money. So now, that I look back on it, it's pretty silly. Money is made to be spent (especially when you have a little extra from tax returns). My DH said we deserved to enjoy a little bit of money now and then, so it made me feel better about it. Truthfully though, I am still noticing a little bit of anxiety, pretty much about nothing (other than being stuck at work for now). Anyway, I have been spotting for the last 3 days, which started the day after I began taking the clomid, almost stopping AF.

As far as any CM aids go, I have been curious about this. I've heard of women taking baby asprin 81mg, robitusson, primrose oil (vitamins), and fertilecm. <- But I have not done a whole lot of research on these things, so I could be a little off. The baby asprin may only be for the uterin lining (someone may know more about this). I am only using a very little amount of preseed (just to help get things going if I'm feeling dry) and nothing else with the clomid. I did, however, ask my doctor about clomid causeing the CM to dry up, and he said that if I did not get my with the clomid, then he would do testing to check my CM. However, he had never heard of preseed which I thought was a bit strange, but I decided to use it anyway because I have heard success stories with the preseed, and sometimes I do need a little something extra to get rid of any dryness, and unfortunately, saliva can kill sperm. I also asked my doctor about clomid thinning the uterus lining, and he told me that it was not true (but I've read in places that say otherwise, so I'm not entirely sure...) I do worry a bit though, as my doctor has not heard of certain things which isn't exactly comforting. On another note, I don't think I've ever actually experienced any Egg White CM that was very stretchy before. I've had the creamy kind, watery kind, and clear but only slightly stretchy and not very much. I'm still new at checking my cervix position and texture, so I'm hoping that it will help.

Before I had been put on clomid, I had been using the cheap OPKs, and at times I thought that I was ovulating and that I had possibly had positives for days at a time, but then my doctor told me that I was not ovulating at all (which again, is why he prescribed clomid). With the OPKs I did, it never seemed like the test line ever got darker than the control line, but did get close to the same color. I am going to buy myself some digital OPKS just to double check for ovulation. Although, I have read that clomid can throw off OPK results, I should do more research on that though. I will apologize now, because TMI is coming next... My DH and I were two nights ago, and afterwords I did notice some CM that came out of me that was very, very thick (almost rubbery), clear, and sticky. I've never had that happen before, so I'm not sure if that was from the clomid or not, because I had only taken the clomid a couple times, and it's no where near ovulation time.

Any thoughts on any of this is welcomed. :) (Gosh I feel like I wrote a book)!

I hope everyone is doing good. Sending out lots of and to everyone!

Oh and Leapfrog - Welcome to the forum! I love seeing new names here.

User Image

12 years ago

Leapfrog - Welcome and fingers crossed for you! How was your HSG experience? I'm having my first one on Tuesday and I'm nervous with all that I've read on it. Was yours painful? Did you have to take time off of work afterwards?

Now, as far as Robistussin, ladies... TRY IT! It does AMAZING things for CM! I have just used it the last two cycles and (TMI), I end up being like a slip-n-slide! Make sure to get the kind that has "expectorant" on the label. I took it three times day around CD 10 all the way through ovulation. My husband always puts on a pouty face when he sees me taking my last dose - he loves what it does for us haha! He has joked that he wants to buy stock in Robitussin now. ;)

Hoping4baby - After I started clomid, I noticed positive OPKs up to two or three days in a row, too... This never happened before clomid. All that I've read says you should stop testing after your first positive OPK and assume you will ovulate within 12-36 hours from that time. The multiple positive OPKs kind of drove me crazy, so I'm sticking with that rule... but when in doubt, BD!

hopefulll - I'm with you... I never felt like I had egg white CM.. the clear stretchy kind. I've read that it should stretch between your thumb and forefinger a few itches... whaaaat? It's never happened for me. I recommend the Robitussin. Once I started feeling some concern about my CM, I gave that a shot and it seems to really make a difference in the environment down there during BD time.

User Image

12 years ago

Babylovejenn- thanks for responding to me. Today is day 4 and my ov test Are still positive and now I'm just taking them to see how long it will last. It goes I got one neg with fmu and then like 4 hours later I got a very strong positive! Don't know what's going on but I am now very confused...lol. O well as you said when in doubt just bd...lol. I'm done with the opk's as of today because I don't see this making things any better mentally for me. :-)

User Image

12 years ago

Hoping4babysoon - Do you take your basal body temperature every morning? It would help confirm ovulation if you see a spike and change in temps. BBT every morning can be a pain in the rear, but it should help to confirm your OPKs. Unfortunately, it can't really predict ovulation ahead of time, it'll only let you know the exact date of ovulation when the time has already passed.

User Image

12 years ago

Hey ladies, I am pretty new to the forum and also just started Clomid this cycle.

The only side effects I have had include dry CM and crazy hot flashes. I took my last clomid days ago and I am still having hot flashes!

My doctor also told me to use preseed for the CM.
I had an ultra sound done yesterday and it looks like I only have one good follicle rearing to go. We were hoping for two, but one still gives us a chance...crossing fingers. My doctor is thinking of upping my dose to 100mg next month to get better results. I am also thinking of going straight to IUI.

For those asking about the HSG, i had one done last month and I didn't think it was too bad. I took advil before the procedure and that helped a lot. It does cause cramping, but nothing unbearable. I think everyone has different pain thresholds, so it is hard to know?

12 years ago

SomeDaySoon - Welcome to the forum! Sending lots of and your way!

User Image

12 years ago

Somedaysoon~Welcome !

Hoping4 babysoon~I use a fertility monitor and I have been getting high fertility since CD9. This morning I got my peak fertility reading and it's CD16! That is definitely the longest I have had high fertility before the peak. To make sure my DH and I don't miss ovulation we have been every second day since CD3 (my period stopped on the first day I started clomid).

to all of you!!

User Image

12 years ago

Babylove9 - what fertility monitor do you use? I've been debating on buying one or not...

User Image

12 years ago

To all the new ladies on here ....... Welcome and Baby Dust to all of you! We have a great support system here.

Leapfrog~ I read your post. It looks like you and are are in the same boat, I had my tubal reversal completed 02/24/11 and they did the HSG right after as well. (So I really dont know if it was painful or not since I was knocked out. ~For the ones that aksed.~)

They have also started me on 100mg of clomid.

So far my side effects have been Hot Flashes but this month don't seem to be as bad as my first month on clomid.
I am also using the following to help conception:

81mg daily aspirin regimen
Theranatal Prenatal Vitamins (bought online and recommended by my ob/gyn. Very inexpensive.)
Mucinex 1000mg with guaffensien as only active ingredient from cycle days 11-18.
Preseed (this stuff is awesome but only use half of what it says if you are injecting)
Instead Soft Cups
Ovulation Predictor Kits
And of course, lots of praying!

This month's CD21 Progesterone was at 12.1 which is less then last month. In a way it makes me feel like I am out for the month. I am going to test tomorrow but AF is not due until the 13th. I have not really been tracking symptoms but I have noticed that I am still having dulling cramps in lower abdomen way past my ovulation time frame. I would love to think that is a good sign.

Everyone stay positive and continue to share your questions and stories.......... this support group means so much to me, even if I just read and not always reply.

Holly - 35 DH - 34 DS - 16 User Image Lilypie Trying to Conceive 21 to 37 day cycle tickers

12 years ago

JamieNix~I use the Clearblue Fertility Monitor. I was able to borrow it from a friend. The test sticks are pretty expensive though ($60+ at Walmart for a pack of 20) but I love it!

User Image

12 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo