Community post

Discussion

Starting Clomid,anyone with me? Can I get a hell yah! Part 2

View Full Post

For anyone staring, or already on Clomid:) We are the best group of girls so feel free to share your TTC journey!!

User Image 5 rounds of Clomid (1 chemical) 2 rounds of Femara + IUI (1 chemical) 4 rounds of Femara, Clomid, Menopur+IUI (all BFN) 1 IVF in January=

284 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

11 - 20 of 284 Replies | Last Page

luvsbub - Fingers crossed now that you're on to injectables! Keep us posted!

Prenatals - I have tried a million different kinds, but they're usually all large pills and most really upset my stomach if I don't eat a decent meal with them. Some even make my stomach hurt even if I do eat a meal. I find the best ones are the kind your ob/gyn prescribe - of course, these are always pricier. I'm doing over-the-counter for now, then will switch to prescribed ones (I used CitraNatal w/ DHA when I was pregnant with my son and I really liked them).

I'm going for my first HSG on Tuesday - Has anyone else had one of these? Is it painful? I'm planning on going to work afterwards - is it the kind of procedure you can have done and then go to work afterwards? Also, I know they inject a dye into you... do I need to wear a pad afterwards?

Also, I had monitoring while on clomid during my first round and had my follicles checked, then my levels checked at CD21 and it shows that I AM ovulating. During my ultrasound when they checked for follicles, they offered the HCG trigger shot, but I wanted to wait to see if I was ovulating on my own first. If I -AM- ovulating on my own, there's really no need for the HCG trigger shot, right? My ob/gyn still offered it during my second round of clomid, despite proof that I am ovulating on my own - maybe this is just to guarentee ovulation?? Wondering if I should go for it now that I'm on my third round of clomid...? Thoughts....??

User Image

12 years ago

Sweeti7628~This cycle was my first round of Clomid and I was very nervous to start taking it as well but honestly I was worked up over nothing. You came to the right place for support! This group of ladies is fantastic!! Ask any questions that you have and someone willl be able to relate or help you out . Symptoms for me were that I was and still am more emotional and moody. I took them about an hour before bed and found that I was waking up a few times throughout the night. One night I woke up and a had a terrible panic attack. My DH just calmed me down and held me close and it eventually passed. I would say to expect some kind of reaction to the Clomid, it is completly foreign to your body and it's only natural for your body to respond. All the side effects I had are so insignificant when I think of the blessing that could happen from taking Clomid.

Littledebbie~Have you tried "YESbaby" lube? I have never tried preseed but yes baby is very similiar as far as the research I have done. I like it except for that I experienced some cramping afterwards-but nothing major. It comes with a lubricant to use during ovulation (sperm friendly) and then a lubricant to use after ovulation (vagina friendly) that brings your ph levels back to normal.

Babylovejenn~I had an HSG test done last summer and it sucked! I was so nervous which didn't help matters and I also didn't take any pain killers prior to having it done but I have heard that many women do. It doesn't take very long but for me I felt a lot of pressure when the dye was going through my tubes, sort of a pinching pressure-if that makes any sense. The dye that was used for mine was clear and sort of thick like a syrup. They gave me a pad to wear home but I didn't really need it. Mostly everything came out when I went to the washroom to clean up after the test. I took the day of the test off work and the following day because that evening I was suffering from awful cramps and pain in my abdomen and cervix. I layed on the couch with a heat bag for the whole night. I think pain killers would help significantly however I personally don't ever use them. The best part is that it really doesn't take long and it's such a useful test to see if you have any blockages. Take deep breaths (and painkillers if you use them!) and you will be just fine

Thanks for everyone's input on prenatals. I am assuming CVS is an American store and I'm in Canada however I'm pretty sure I can find something at our pharmacy. I'm definitely going to look for gummies though-that would be sooooo much easier for me!!

User Image

12 years ago

babylove- thank you for the tip about Yesbaby lube, but ever since i got my BFP i have been well lubricated on my own. and since i'm not worried about sperm friendly anymore i can use the regular water based stuff. Thank you for the advice though, maybe one of the other ladies will be able to use it.

12 years ago

Thanks for the info babylove9 - I've been reading up on it and the whole idea kind of makes me queasy.. but all in all, it can't be too too bad. I'm hoping I'll be able to go to work afterwards!! Started my 3rd round of clomid today - CD3. Here we ago again!!

User Image

12 years ago

JamieNix Thank you for the link...

Welcome to all newbies..

Afm, Cd6 today and Day 4 of 2nd round clomid...(tmi) still have brown spots...from cd3 upto now, i think its because of clomid..

to all!!

12 years ago

Hey ladies! How areu you ladies doing?? I finally found it! Lol. Has anyone had pos ov tests for 3 days in a row? Today is the 3rd day for me and I am so confused....

User Image

12 years ago

Hi ladies,

Im a newbie. I had a tubal reversal done lat September and had a HSG straight after the surgery. This is my 3 rd day on clomid 100mg :)

12 years ago

Oh and I have heard that clomid thickins the cm. Is this true and will robittuson really help?

12 years ago

Leapfrog, Hi..I did a research about it because i want to try it too..

Robitussin and Cervical Mucus

"Taking Robitussin is another way to help fight hostile cervical mucus. Its active ingredient, guaifenesin, prevents the production of hostile mucus and helps increase the production of fertile cervical mucus that is stretchy, clear and looks like egg white. I personally do not recommend taking Robitussin because it is a medical drug that poses side effects and in my opinion women who are trying to conceive should stay away from drugs as much as possible. FertileCM is definitely a safer, effective and more natural alternative. "

12 years ago

Leapfrog

" Clomid and Cervical Mucus
If you have been put on Clomid by your fertility doctor, you may have decreased fertile mucus production. Many women end up having to have artificial insemination as a result of this side effect caused by the fertility drug Clomid. If you have been on Clomid and are trying to conceive naturally, you need to make sure you have plenty of fertile cervical mucus if you want to get pregnant naturally. FertileCM is safe to be taken while on Clomid or other fertility drugs. "

12 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo