Community post

Discussion

December Testers Support Group!

View Full Post

Hi everyone! This is a close-knit group of women who support each other throughout our cycles as we struggle through the rollercoaster of TTC.

We love new people so please feel free to join us with an introduction and just describing your journey with TTC so far :)

The best way to get support is to give support, so join the conversation and no drop-ins please! We are all in this together and we are here for friendship and sisterhood!

611 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

201 - 210 of 611 Replies | Last Page

amag--it's at 9:30 tomorrow morning. I'm looking forward to it.

luv--are you doing the same protocol as last cycle?

10 years ago

Jada my doc said you can use some vicks, He said Vicks can also help the runny nose and sneezing. Other wise he said Mucinex products, Sudafed Robitussin and Robitussin DM cough syrups, Vicks plain cough syrup, Hall's cough drops or Cepacol lozenges

Law have you ever tried Unisom?? I know docs give it to patient with Morning sickness too. but it is a sleep aid. I am super excited for your apt tomorrow!

TTC-BV is very common, a lot of Women will have it and not even know. Some women it disappears on their own, with out any problems. They give the antibiotics if it is found to prevent it from becoming a problem.

Nico- Sorry about the tooth

SMH- it is not too cold here at all about in the 50's. It is a program they do here though every winter for 20 weeks. It does tend to be colder at night and having a lot of water near us, the wind can be a chiller.

Amag I hope the witch stays away!!!!

Holly Yeah for the 4 Follis!!!

Luv- I am sorry for your situation. I understand about the dad part though, I do not speak to mine, I tell him nothing but always ends up hearing from so and so.

10 years ago

amag I'm the same way, two brothers and one is a boob and the other is not! LOL! The boob married a shrew, but even the shrew is on my side here ;) I am very glad AF is coming on time, otherwise I'd be more than a little screwed this month! I will write down my protocol for this month later in this post :)

magic welcome! Saw your pic, hard to tell if it's an evap because the pic was taken so many hours later. When did the line actually show up?

oak I know it's really hard not to obsess about symptoms! It took me about 8 months to just stop bothering to record my symptoms at all. Every month I swore I got a symptom I'd never had before and I got all excited and nothing! The good news is you never can rule yourself out in a cycle just because you have some particular symptoms or no symptoms, there's always a chance! Do you temp or use OPKs at all?

lawbride I hope you're able to get some sleep! My husband has a similar issue with not being able to stay asleep, I think it's an anxiety thing rather than purely sleep so maybe a mild anti-anxiety drug would help (if those are safe during pregnancy!).

afmedic sorry about your situation with your dad too...I think the worst part is when people assume we are so wounded by it or angry on a daily basis, I don't know about you but I am not angry or wounded I just choose not to have him in my life, I don't like it when people pity me about it ;) How are you doing??

AFM I'm still having spotting, not full red flow yet but it's coming. I got Clomid 50 mg for next cycle again because it worked great this month. I was hoping to do an HSG as well but my doctor doesn't want me to do an HSG while on Clomid (something about how it might overstimulate everything) so I chose Clomid over the HSG this month. Hoping to ovulate and get my IUI shortly before I leave for Christmas. Because I'll be out of town I'm skipping the 7 DPO progesterone draw but I'm not worried about it because I had a 25 this past month. Still taking a women's probiotic and baby aspirin until 3 DPO. EOD BD with Preseed. Fortunately I will not be able to test until around 13 DPO this month so I won't be able to really drive myself nuts. My family is being awesome since I told them about my difficulties (except my older brother haha) and they said they wouldn't even drink at Christmas because I wouldn't be able to, so we'll get sparkling cider and "act drunk" haha :)

10 years ago • Post starter

@law: I love that your appointments are so early! I won't have to wait long at all for your results since I am three hours behind you. So exciting!! Please update us ASAP.

@amag: I am excited for your class!! Please share asap. Wouldn't that be so great to get your bfp while starting to prep for IVF? That happened to my co-workers sister. Got a bfp on her own right before starting IVF.

@magic: Yep.. we tend to move pretty fast sometimes, it can be overwhelming but we love that you are here with us. Because you took the photo so long after taking the test I would tend to think its an evap.. Test again in a couple of days. Good luck!

@oak: Good idea. Hopefully you get your bfp in a couple of days!!

@afmedic: That is nice its not super super cold but 50 degrees is still too cold for comfort!

@luv: I definitely don't think you need the progesterone draw. You are a progesterone machine! That is AMAZING your family it supporting you by not drinking. The second we started ttc my husband took the stance that he had to drink twince as much to make up for me. Lol. He isn't really drinking that much. I definitely missed wine at Thanksgiving and even took a communion sized sip because I was so jealous.

@rbk: How are you? Adjusting to live back in Canada? Are you going to see an OB or RE to start some sort of fertility treatments? I hear its a lot easier to get in with an RE than it is an OB in Canada so you may want to go that route.

AFM: I am having horrible mid/upper back pain... I am hoping my dh can somehow help me pop it when I get home.

User Image

10 years ago

Luv I agree I do not want anyone's pitty for my father, I grew up just fine with out him. He was not totally gone but he was that dad that randomly pops up when it is convenient for him. I could go 2 years with out hearing boo from him. After my daughter was born he seemed to want to change and about a year ago he actually came out to see us, but since he has ben back to his old tricks. Honestly I blame a lot of it on my step mother, she is an evil woman and would be happy if I was not around. We recently got in a huge fight because about 1 month my dad was in a serious ATV Accident and she felt the need to tell everyone he was in the ICU but his 2 daughters. She finally called me 4 days after the accident. I was so pissed. Haven't really talk to him since, because I told him I was not going to put up with her BS and the drama. I am doing ok though thanks for asking. 8 dpo and really nothing to report, I am not going to super excited this cycle with the cyst at and all. I will start my POAS addiction about 10 dpo LOL. Hope you are feeling well.

SMH- See I do not mind the cold nor the heat. What drives me crazy here is one day it will be 70's the next 30. About 3 weeks ago we had snow flurries and it was 30 and the very next day it was 67 and sunny! I just want to be some where, where I can have all 4 seasons, and not all in one week LOL

10 years ago

According to my chart I O'd on CD 13 (Nov 29)
Been using the CBFM and BBT. Had a temp dip on CD12 and then back up on CD13 and then temp spike on CD14. Temps have remained high since then.
BD'd from CD9-CD13. Keeping our fingers crossed that get our little one this cycle. My poor DH was so tired after BD'ing every night after working a 13 hour day!!

Not going to lie.....starting POAS on 3 DPO. Wanted to get a baseline and see if there was any progression. I promise to only PAOS once a day though!!

Baby dust to all you ladies!!!!

10 years ago

Luv - Sorry about your brother spilling the beans. Glad AF is here and you are on to another cycle. You are right. All of this monitoring is pure torture! It is hard going back and forth for all of these appointments, just to get a BFN.

RachaelZaro - Welcome!

SMH - I did not ask my RE about the Tea. It doesn't have caffeine in it. From what I have read, it is safe to take. However, since I have had recurrent miscarriages, I will stop once I ovulate to ensure it does not interfere with implantation. however, my RE thinks my MFTHR diagnosis may be the reason I had recurrent miscarriages...well that and reduced egg quality due to advanced maternal age.

JLH - 7DPO! Yay...half way through the 2WW!

Amag - the bloodwork said I'm good to go forward with my meds this cycle. I sure hope they help a couple of my follies mature again. Having more than one target makes me feel better. Your symptoms sound great. I'm hoping AF stays away!

Magicdust - I peeked at your test and it looks positive to me. Happy for you. I would be running out to get a FRER with that result!

DevLanCayBeth - Hi! I use the CBFM and BBT also. The first cycle when I bought it last December, I got a BFP. Unfortunately, it ended in a miscarriage at 9.5weeks, but it does help me know where I am with my cycle. Good luck to you this cycle!

User Image

10 years ago

Holly3307: I am so sorry to hear that! Good luck on your journey.

I will do my best to keep you posted on my TWW - which is already driving me bonkers!!!

I spent so much money on HPT last cycle. I ended up purchasing the diagnostic sticks for this cycle and PreSeed.

10 years ago

SMH--I'll probably have an update around the time you wake up ...or maybe breakfast time! :) I love early appointments...makes the waiting so much easier! So, how are you feeling?

luv--I don't think there are any anti-anxiety medications that are safe during pregnancy. I'll ask my RE tomorrow though. Just out of curiosity, why did you choose the clomid over the HSG? Does your insurance cover the HSG? Your family is so cute. That's sweet of them to be so considerate! How long will you be spending with them?

afmedic--unisom is benadryl (diphenhydramine HCl) + acetaminophen. unfortunately, benadryl doesn't work for me so I don't think unisom would either. Tell me about you! What's new?

10 years ago

Law- I didn't know that but then again never took it myself so never looked at the ingredients....LOL There really ain't much to report I my side. I am 8 dpo, with pretty much no symptoms. Which is weird for me because usually have tons of progesterone symptoms, but I really just think the Cyst I had jacked this cycle for me. Regardless I will start testing on 10 dpo, just incase. Most interstng thing today for me was my daughter insisting on decorating the Christmas tree with random items like socks , tooth brushes and shoes. It is cute, but now I know if I am missing anything to look in my Christmas tree....LOL

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo